• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Too many thiefs

• Thread starter SocratesTheBest
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Well personally I had seen that 11th rule thread(which I also mentioned in my 1st post) and I was pretty sure I had left some feedback until now that I can clearly see that I hadn't :p

Also I have to mention that I didn't make the thread to accuse the company of anything but to state that the company is the one that has the power to change the whole situation and ask for some "co-operation"

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
Well personally I had seen that 11th rule thread(which I also mentioned in my 1st post) and I was pretty sure I had left some feedback until now that I can clearly see that I hadn't :p

Also I have to mention that I didn't make the thread to accuse the company of anything but to state that the company is the one that has the power to change the whole situation and ask for some "co-operation"
That's okay, I think discussion around the matter is healthy, or I wouldn't have created that thread in the first place :) The popup protests are somewhat frustrating and tiresome, though.

DeletedUser3230

I think this is well covered territory, but just to reiterate from the last time Iceman echoed a thread in the Alamogordo general chat:

A trading system currently does not exist in The West. It is something we have planned for the future, from memory included in the year's roadmap, but right now exists only an auctioning system and not a trading system. Therefore, like founders rights to a town, you are responsible for how much you auction/sell your items for. Not trade, not loan, sell. If you decide to use the system differently, in a game of outlaws and bandits, there will always be risk. For this reason, trust only people you know, or at least do some research on a prospective buyer beforehand. Nevertheless, if you are caught out, there's a variety of ingame measures available to help teach some manners. The bounty system has a dedicated reason that the target is dealing in stolen goods, and of course a little direct camping never hurt. You can also target their town and their forts to crank up the peer pressure.

Having the benefit of hindsight, I'm a big fan of settling things through the game. As I've said, the most fun and active worlds on The West always involved some drama and thereby evoked some emotion. Whether that be getting half an alliance's towns stolen on World 3 .net or camping everywhere, I'd suffer it all again for the same fun it took me a while to realise I had. Nevertheless, I appreciate that view is a minority and we're discussing a different situation, so in January we started a thread in the Alamogordo world-shared quest forum to gain feedback on such a rule. It barely made two pages in a whole month, and I know a truckload more players read the quest forum than that. If it concerns you deeply enough, whilst posting here is helpful, instead of beating your keyboard warrior chest with statements like "entitled" and "InnoGames doesn't care" (apologies to most who didn't), you should go find up that thread and comment on it. The idea is still on the table if enough people want it, but if you're just here to troll and hate, bugger off.

I bi strange I think to refer to a forum here that not all of us have access to. I know it is a bit off topic- but hard to know what goes on in there, and even harder to understand how it can affect what goes on in here. :eek:

DeletedUser558

All I ever hear is "It's not against the rules"
Then add a rule to make theft of other players items punishable.

You are absolutely right, man.

If theft and unhonesty is not against rules, then something is wrong with the rules, nothing more.

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
I bi strange I think to refer to a forum here that not all of us have access to. I know it is a bit off topic- but hard to know what goes on in there, and even harder to understand how it can affect what goes on in here. :eek:
It's a world shared forum, you could easily obtain access if you'd like it and didn't happen to have access already. The point, though, was to post it where the most number of players would see it without needing to make an "official" fuss.

DeletedUser3455

This is wild west, right. But in the wild west was also the court of law and lynching, so I want to hang a thief and end his miserable life :)

DeletedUser2718

I agree with this topic, there are currently too many thieves. According to me the solution aren't new rules ( too difficult for admins to check, they are not judges), but a new system of exchange.
For example
1) the possibility to exchange directly, so third party can't steal items.
2)a new system that allows people to put items "in a box" to check them before confirming and concluding the trade . I have seen this in other games.

DeletedUser

OK so after I just saw 2 more market thiefs in the chat today I felt like making this thread.

It is a fact that in the-west community the amount of market thiefs is increasing dramatically.You keep seeing thiefs posting in the chet every 5-10 minutes that they "sell" or "exchange" items that they don't even have just to steal from other players.Of course the problem isn't the fact that they don't have those items,but the intension of stealing from others.

Theft is illegal as it is a crime and crimes should be punished.Of course I understand that this is a game enviroment and not real life but still theft remains theft in any circumstances.The whole situation make the game unhealthy for children as well as annoying for the community

I believe that the company must do something about it either by providing a trading system(which I've heard is on its way) either by punishing thiefs(which was posted as a 11th rule on the ingame forum by someone but never got into use).The company should protect players from situations like these and I hope that the support will be willing to help in any way they can.

I would appreciate it if the thread isn't closed so that we can discuss the whole situation and maybe come to a possible solution.Also I have to ask everyone to keep anonymity and not use the names/gametags of any other players.

I would love to hear eveyones feedback

If I'm not mistaken you aren't really allowed to do any of that. If I QUOTE the-west wiki.

The-West.net Official Wiki said:
§6) Pushing
Pushing refers to an exploitative use of ingame features to provide experience, cash, and/or items to other account(s). Specifically, a player may not participate in a prearranged duel, bounty, or market trade to provide and/or obtain inordinate amounts of experience points, items or ingame cash. Additionally, it is prohibited to create secondary accounts in order to provide or receive unmerited rewards via the referral system.

So really both parties would be subject to discipline. Every time you agree to sell an item to someone at a predetermined price it's technically against the rules.

DeletedUser

I find the market system good.

Sorry but I even don't understand, how it possible to steal something from other player without stealing his account ?
If I want to buy or sale something, I go to the market; if I want to buy something special from another player, we do it "in secret", by private message, we meets online, we do it quickly, and I never have problems.

Maybe You can put in the market options - client/recipient name [like in bank transfers] , still keeping others options - amount and time to pay.

DeletedUser2271

I find the market system good.

Sorry but I even don't understand, how it possible to steal something from other player without stealing his account ?
If I want to buy or sale something, I go to the market; if I want to buy something special from another player, we do it "in secret", by private message, we meets online, we do it quickly, and I never have problems.

Maybe You can put in the market options - client/recipient name [like in bank transfers] , still keeping others options - amount and time to pay.

You didn´t understand how this is been done.... and that is strange.

Many of this thiefs get you by trading things they don´t have (or that they burrowed from another account). They will make all the negociation like you are saying but, they will ask for you to sell first. After they get your item, they place you on ignore list. And you cannot do anything. Most of the time, seconds after they got your item, it is already sold to another account. And you lost it forever only receiving the minimal value that was payed by him... and you didn´t get the "bargain" that he was trading.

That´s why there have been threads here for more than 1 year asking for a direct trade system where players can place an item and ask for another one in return. This way the thiefs needed to give the negociated item. Even paying 50% of the sale value of each item, people would use that system since it was secure and it would make both players give the item that was negociated.

PS- The markets steal is made by some scripts that snipes the items when they are below a value. I think the latest versions got them since i saw many people that used them getting banned right after the April version arrived.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3230

One reason that it might be nice somehow to solve this, as most players agree that it is a problem is that of calling anyone a thief.

We do that, to warn of other players, because there is no rules. But we risk calling someone a thief who is not. It might be a misunderstanding or just a way to get someone.

In real life we have ways to deal with this- but in here you cant do much.

I write this because I have seen profiles with players listed- both who are well know to cheat other player, and some whom I doubt have done anything. I know that this is something we do have rules against, but support cant check all our profiles.

So until there is a way to prevent what most of us agree on is stealing- be sure to have proof before you call someone a thief. :)

DeletedUser

why not just make an option in the market for one-on-one trading

of course, it's been ~3 years since i played this game seriously, so yeah