• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Too many thiefs

• Thread starter SocratesTheBest
  • Start date

DeletedUser

OK so after I just saw 2 more market thiefs in the chat today I felt like making this thread.

It is a fact that in the-west community the amount of market thiefs is increasing dramatically.You keep seeing thiefs posting in the chet every 5-10 minutes that they "sell" or "exchange" items that they don't even have just to steal from other players.Of course the problem isn't the fact that they don't have those items,but the intension of stealing from others.

Theft is illegal as it is a crime and crimes should be punished.Of course I understand that this is a game enviroment and not real life but still theft remains theft in any circumstances.The whole situation make the game unhealthy for children as well as annoying for the community

I believe that the company must do something about it either by providing a trading system(which I've heard is on its way) either by punishing thiefs(which was posted as a 11th rule on the ingame forum by someone but never got into use).The company should protect players from situations like these and I hope that the support will be willing to help in any way they can.

I would appreciate it if the thread isn't closed so that we can discuss the whole situation and maybe come to a possible solution.Also I have to ask everyone to keep anonymity and not use the names/gametags of any other players.

I would love to hear eveyones feedback

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2271

Hope they get the direct trade fast into the game.

The best things is that people should not trust when the offer is too good.
Most of the thiefs are low level players. Even that they have 2-3 items that are super expensive, they would not want some of those super expensive items. So even that they get you many of those things you want, don´t trust them.
Asking for a level 50 item and been level 20 is a no go. At level 20 you won´t have money to want that.
Best, check the achievements. If a player has some of those super expensive rare chest items, he must have the nuggets achievement. If he doesn´t, then there are only 2 ways: he stole the item from someone else or he got it from his main account and is using it has bait on that one to steal something more for his main account.

Still, start trading only with people that other players already know about. If someone just entered a town and starts promoting something rare... keep it under tabs. Most of those expensive items are on "old" players hands. So don´t trust to much. And take care when burrowing things to "friends" that appear in game and start to ask for Natty clothes, frank clothes and other super expensive sets...

DeletedUser

I agree, do something against those market thiefs InnoGames.

DeletedUser3834

definetly, something must change here, about thiefs, i don't like to be fooled anymore.:mad:

DeletedUser

I totally agree. For the last hour the chat was completely taken over by a market thief, whom, with a smile, wanting to sell a horse (every 5 minutes)he had stolen from another player. And why shouldn’t he laugh… his actions are justified by saying it’s not illegal.

Please make us all happy and do something against the market thiefs

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
This situation has gone on way too long.
We were promised some action over 4 months ago and nothing has been done.
If you have a chat log with proof of a players dishonesty, it should be enough to at least get your stolen item back.
All I ever hear is "It's not against the rules"
Then add a rule to make theft of other players items punishable.
It will take 2 mins to change the rules and post an update for everyone to read.
We are entitled to some protection from thieves and it's InnoGames's responsibility to see that we get it.
This may be of little importance to InnoGames, but it's of the highest priority and importance to the players being ripped off.
Come on InnoGames, make a decision to correct this thieving and cheating.
When a player enters chat and says "The support team wouldn't help, as no rules were broken" it encourages the thieves to tell their friends, so more thieves appear in chat to cheat scam lie and steal other players items.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3784

By doing nothing about the thieving problem, that sends me the message that InnoGames either doesn't care or actually approves of the activity.

DeletedUser

What is so hard about it that this problem can't be solved?

DeletedUser

I really have no idea, but I just hope that the trading system will be introduced soon enough and it will prevent theft(not just baing able to put a player's name as an option instead of alliance,town,etc)

DeletedUser

Literally every online multiplayer game I've ever played has had a secure trade system implemented into the game, it's about time InnoGames finally made one too :hmpf:

DeletedUser3835

i agree, this have to be changed

include some PTP trading system or smth like that ;)

:rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I also agree that something has to be done to stop thieves. Even a simple rule which punishes a player for stealing items would be good.

Players who steal items and especially players who steal more than once should be punished. Obviously a system where players can trade directly to each other would be much better, but until (if) that ever gets added a new rule about players stealing would be nice.

DeletedUser

I agree with everything written and I think even ingame thieves should be punished. :indian:

DeletedUser2271

An "easy" system would be a trade directly.
Example: i place a natty bumpo coat and ask for doc coat.

People can see that im giving the natty bumpo coat and i want doc coat. Someone that has doc coat can "buy" my natty bumpo coat.

That way there would not be a direct player to player trade but a direct item trade.

There would be a need of a list of every auctionable item to be available to choose from with a margin like 20% of the value of the item. That way the possible cheating would not get around anything. Something that is valued at $15000 can only be traded by something between $12500 and $17500.

That way, steallers would be crushed right from the start... nothing to steal if they cannot make the offer they make on the chats.

Thousands of multis would be abandoned right away.

DeletedUser3681

I dont understand all this drama. We are talking about "the wild west" and all that ppl do i complain about duelling (even there are many options to get "safe" for 48h) and market "fraud" (excuse me, but simple common sense and few lines of chat will get you on the right track). Don't get me wrong but we are not talking about "utopia" or "we are all friends" game. You can't make rules to prevent naivety of players :)

DeletedUser

i remember about 1 year ago, i was stolen by several town members.
The instant trading system is perfect, you can even make it that the trade can only happen when both people place the item in the store so you are sure you get the correct item.

I placed a post just like this on the forum but it got shut down pretty fast so the only way i could warn people is by placing names of these players in my profile, all quite by the way. bye bye stuff :(

I really hope this will come soon, but thinking back on the words i heard from InnoGames was actually that it is not their problem, but you just need to be more carefull and don't place items cheap on market for trading. ( not everybody always have much money for a trade)

I really hope this will come soon, because theft makes this game a lot less fun.

DeletedUser

I dont understand all this drama. We are talking about "the wild west" and all that ppl do i complain about duelling (even there are many options to get "safe" for 48h) and market "fraud" (excuse me, but simple common sense and few lines of chat will get you on the right track). Don't get me wrong but we are not talking about "utopia" or "we are all friends" game. You can't make rules to prevent naivety of players :)

Getting ripped off by players has nothing to do with common sense in most cases. There is no indicator for a player to be a thief or not (for example: a lvl 130 player who showed me his inventory before trading stole two high price itmes from me and another simply added an extra price to his part of the trade after he received my goods). Furthermore i personally do understand this "drama" becasue some players spend money on this game and simply don´t just lose the stolen items, they also lose real money and also their fun in playing this game, which is the biggest problem i see right now. So please remember that nearly every stolen item we are talking about was purchased by nuggets because its mostly stuff from premium chests and/or tombolas.

DeletedUser2271

The problem is with some accounts that changed owner since they where created. There are people at level 130 that just got those accounts from some friends and use them to grab some of those hard to get items and trade them to there main account.
Sometimes the support catches them sometimes they don´t.

DeletedUser3230

Why don't we have a vote on this. It seems as InnoGames did come up with a solution, but does not think it is important enough to use the resources necessary to implement it.

It seems to be important to a lot of players, it does take up a lot of time and space in the game and in the chat on beta at least.

Right now we have little possibility to protect players from the thieves- as we cant make warning on our profiles-without risking to be punished and the profile cleared.

Maybe it is only important to a few players - maybe it is a big problem to many - but find out, make a vote - and let us move on.

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
I think this is well covered territory, but just to reiterate from the last time Iceman echoed a thread in the Alamogordo general chat:

A trading system currently does not exist in The West. It is something we have planned for the future, from memory included in the year's roadmap, but right now exists only an auctioning system and not a trading system. Therefore, like founders rights to a town, you are responsible for how much you auction/sell your items for. Not trade, not loan, sell. If you decide to use the system differently, in a game of outlaws and bandits, there will always be risk. For this reason, trust only people you know, or at least do some research on a prospective buyer beforehand. Nevertheless, if you are caught out, there's a variety of ingame measures available to help teach some manners. The bounty system has a dedicated reason that the target is dealing in stolen goods, and of course a little direct camping never hurt. You can also target their town and their forts to crank up the peer pressure.

Having the benefit of hindsight, I'm a big fan of settling things through the game. As I've said, the most fun and active worlds on The West always involved some drama and thereby evoked some emotion. Whether that be getting half an alliance's towns stolen on World 3 .net or camping everywhere, I'd suffer it all again for the same fun it took me a while to realise I had. Nevertheless, I appreciate that view is a minority and we're discussing a different situation, so in January we started a thread in the Alamogordo world-shared quest forum to gain feedback on such a rule. It barely made two pages in a whole month, and I know a truckload more players read the quest forum than that. If it concerns you deeply enough, whilst posting here is helpful, instead of beating your keyboard warrior chest with statements like "entitled" and "InnoGames doesn't care" (apologies to most who didn't), you should go find up that thread and comment on it. The idea is still on the table if enough people want it, but if you're just here to troll and hate, bugger off.

Last edited: