• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

New Duel Feature

• Thread starter DeletedUser3484
  • Start date

DeletedUser3484

Hello all people, i am serious player who plays The West for 5 years and i see that the biggest problem is dueling. Workers can't build because they get K.O-ed by dueler, adventurers also can't do the quests because of duels.
I suggest following feature to make little better balance and good game to everyone.

Duel turn on/off

Duel turned on mean: Player can duel other players and other players can duel him.

Duel turned off mean: Player can't duel other players and they can't duel him.

Time that must be passed between turn of or on: 7 days
That means: If a player turned off duels he can't turn on duels for 7 days, and if he turned on duels he can't turn them off for 7 days.

With this i know that there would be better game experience for everyone because workers would be free to build, adventurers to do quests, and retired duelers who do trading or building now would also be safe because, if someone is DUELLER he should duel other DUELLER not a WORKER or TRADER.

Please all vote on this and be sure you have read all i wrote because this can help a lot and it's not so hard to do this. Vote for better tomorrow people.

Have a good time and enjoy the game.

Wyatt-Earp

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3581

this won`t happen that`s why bounty was made i get KO very often but i can`t complain this is the game and if you were a dueler and your feat will be put in the game you`ll quit i`m sure

DeletedUser3581

The-west has already an option to turn off duelling is called Quit town :lol:

DeletedUser3484

Ndf

well, i wanted to help NON premium WEAK people and WORKERS, i wish you all as before, get dueled and killed when you don't understand me and play as before now i don't care anymore if you're 100 levels smaller than me or if you are trader or worker, i will KO everyone weak, let's see what THEY have to say..

DeletedUser2769

thats what the 48hr not duelable period is for! learn to self KO yourself and keep being unduelable. quite simple really.

DeletedUser3484

Ndf

very smart from you, i see all of you don't want this happen, only thing left to say by me is that i had 4-5 great ideas excluding this one for duels but as i see what all of you want, i will keep it for me and wish you nice pain in KOing your selves or by dueling

DeletedUser3581

this isn`t a great idea as far as i can see this is just a game you don`t lose anything in real life you get KO you get to hotel then wake up then and resume what you did earlier isn`t this simple enough?

DeletedUser500

There's already several ways to protect yourself from duels, such as KOing your self on a player or job. You can also leave town, but that really doesn't suit a lot of players.
In Community report #3, Joony talks about how the game designers were thinking about implementing a duel protection feature, but the feedback on this was hugely negative and they decided to rethink. I think your idea would have the same issues, since duelling has been part of the game for over 5 years, changing it now so that you can avoud the danger of being duelled at all seems like a step in the wrong direction.

And Wyatt, if someone offers you feedback on your idea, especially one that is very controversial like this, try not to take it personally. Use it to improve your ideas by expanding them so that they suit what other players want in the game, not just yourself or a small group, we have much better discussions that way. :)

DeletedUser3484

Ndf

i hope i will have better idea soon, right now i preparing to post new thing, it's about safe trading, but it will be hard to explain so i must think how to present it as better as possible :)

DeletedUser3581

i rahter ask for an option that let us to make a dueling gear and when we get dueled game swap it automatically and buffs should have option to choose if we want to use in duel/FF or jobs i think this is the only convenient option since in the wild west ppl were lured in to traps like this one

DeletedUser2888

I don't like the idea. Duelling is part of the game.

I know that being duelled as a trader or builder is annoying, but being a dueller it's annoying not to have duelling opponents.

If you don't want to get duelled, then ko yourself at a job!

DeletedUser

I know that being duelled as a trader or builder is annoying, but being a dueller it's annoying not to have duelling opponents.

Let it sink for a moment and rethink.

What has a builder or trader to do with a opponent? Exactly, nothing at all, it's a victim not an opponent.

If you want duels then find other duelers and murder each other till death and you both are satisfied.

DeletedUser3547

Let it sink for a moment and rethink.

What has a builder or trader to do with a opponent? Exactly, nothing at all, it's a victim not an opponent.

If you want duels then find other duelers and murder each other till death and you both are satisfied.

well, then change your skill... :whistle:
duelling makes much more fun then building or trading :up:

DeletedUser3230

Some like duels - some like other aspects of the game - Am I tired of hearing that duelling is part of the game:. I know it is- so is quest solving, doing jobs and building. Why cant we be allowed to be different and enjoy to play the game differently? Why do some of you duellers want to force all of us into duelling.

No one forces duellist to do a certain amount of building each day- but building is also part of the game.
Attacking a builder or a trader is not a duel - for a duel you need an opponent. So attacking someone who can not defend themselves is not a duel. It might be part of the game - but I really cant understand why it is so important to you. If you enjoy duelling so much - attacking someone who gives a little resistance must be so much more fun.

DeletedUser

hmm that bodyguard idea isnt bad at all, just need a litle change like
ea player can choose other player to be is bodyguard that mean if i HugoSilva have NoName as my bodyguard so all players that attacked me will attack in fact NoName
What will NoName win, well first we have to pay him(like a job) for example 500$ a day, then NoName will work for us

How this will work, when someone click on duel to duel HugoSilva one windows appear that says"HugoSilva have one bodyguard NoName so if u want to duel u wil duel NoName.You acept this?"

And them this may have one possible ideia that is if our BodyGuard is KO we or have other bodyguard or the player can duel us

DeletedUser

well, then change your skill... :whistle:
duelling makes much more fun then building or trading :up:

who are you to tell me how i have to skill? :whistle:
why don't you change your skill to trader, finding items with a market worth of multiple 100k dollars sounds more fun to me than dueling victims all day.

i guess if everybody skilled to duel, you wouldn't have more fun, because you would get your ass kicked more often. :up:

DeletedUser3547

who are you to tell me how i have to skill? :whistle:
why don't you change your skill to trader, finding items with a market worth of multiple 100k dollars sounds more fun to me than dueling victims all day.

i guess if everybody skilled to duel, you wouldn't have more fun, because you would get your ass kicked more often. :up:

who are you to tell me, i would duell victims or rather that i would have problems with more duelling opponnents...
1. In my Main-World im rank 7 in Duelling-rank, so i think i even cant duell any trader / builder :whistle:
2. There are so less enemies that i would be rather happy, if there would be more enemies. There are to less guys skilling on duells :)
3. Maybe you didnt relaize my words "change your skill..." had been a joke? :p

DeletedUser

been there, done that. i got a duel level of 434 myself with a traderskill at the moment ;) mainly because dueling the same dudes again and again is boring as hell.

the main problem is the duel system itself, if it would be a better system, there would be more players skilling on duels, resulting in more competition and less zero-exp-duelers. but i think we don't need to mention that again, it is known for ages.
hopefully something regarding this will happen in 2014.