• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Character Classes Update/RE-Balancing

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Hello , since we don't really have a thread for this topic and because it seems InnoGames is asking for feedback about Character class changes , feel free to write your suggestions about what changes you might think are better.

Make sure to respect each other

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
Duelist
Nerfs:

In fort battles, you have the chance of 10 (20)% 7.5/15% to score a critical hit. Critical hits deduct an additional 10% from the maximum health points.
Buffs:

None.

Soldier
Nerfs:

In duels you receive a bonus of 25(50)% 15/30% to your tactic skill.
or
In duels you receive a bonus of 25(50)% to your tactic skill when you are offline for more than 10 minutes.
Buffs:

None.

Worker
Nerfs:

None.
Buffs:
None.

Adventurer
This class needs a rework or some heave buffs.
Nerfs:
None.
Buffs:
You can use hotel rooms, up to hotel room level 2(4), in foreign towns for free. You regenerate health and energy 20(40)% faster than normal.
The chance to get hurt while working a job is lowered by 10(20)%. You deal 7.5/15% more damage in duels.
Starting with hit 2 within one round of a fort battle, you have a chance of 25(50)% to keep from being hit at all for the rest of the round. This should be changed, but I don't know how. Mabye higher damage dealt and lower damage received or something like this.

If the duel bonus is introduced, I think workers can also benefit a small duel bonus. 4(8)% extra aiming and dodging maybe. Please, do not increase the vigor/shooting/reflex/toughness/appearance of any class, this would be broken. Only aiming/dodging and damage can be buffed in order to mantain a balance and not ruin anything.

dublik

Lance Corporal
The chance to get hurt while working a job is lowered by 10(20)%.
dont remove this, its great when spamming 15s jobs

also what about completely reworking the class bonuses from the ground up, instead of changing some values here and there and then of course give everyone a possibility to reset their class :)

edit:
for example give every class a:
  • PvP bonus
    • one for FFs
    • one for duels
    • one for Adventures
  • PvE bonus
    • more xp/drop/luck
    • hp/energy regen bonus
    • speed bonus
    • crafting bonus
    • less market fees bonus :njub:
mix the bonuses so that every class is worth picking depending on a player's playstyle
(maybe) keep the class specific bonuses (worker church LP bonus or bank fees or faster motivation regen, soldier HP bonus, dueller can see skill points of other players, adventurer would have to have something new that is unique)

Last edited:

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
also what about completely reworking the class bonuses from the ground up, instead of changing some values here and there and then of course give everyone a possibility to reset their class :)
Sure, this would be great, but they are just some examples. If they didn't want to add a new bonus, the only one that could be replaced without impacting the game too much was the risk of damage from jobs. I never had any problems when I was spamming 15 sec jobs with other classes. And I don't think they would let us to change our class, I don't know why.
for example give every class a:
  • PvP bonus
    • one for FFs
    • one for duels
    • one for Adventures
I agree. This is why I said if adventurer get a duel bonus, worker should get a duel bonus too. Because soldiers and duelists already have duel bonuses (with emphasis on the plural, as they have several duel bonuses). Everyone have a fort bonus (with that of the adventurer becoming weaker from one update to another, so it must be changed). And no one has a bonus for adventures. With these small changes it would be quite balanced.
The Adventurer was a decent class until the 150 level expansion. It was good until level 120 cap.
Yeah, but not only because of the higher level, but also because sets back than were not that strong as they are now, so you survived and held sectors more rounds.

if dueler gets 10% chance crit nerfed then dueler % from max hp should increase
or other way around
You don't get it, do you? If something is OP, it must be toned down, if you decrease the chance of crit, but also increase the damage of the crit, you solve nothing.

Last edited:

John W. Hardin

Private First Class
they don't need to change the advantages of the characters, they can simply add 4 new recipes that give to the character we have, e.g. I am a dueller and I want the advantages of a soldier, I take the corresponding recipe, only for one use, of course the recipe will be, e.g. for a dueller it cannot be used by the same character, I don't know of course if this can be implemented in the game.

Raza

Private First Class
they don't need to change the advantages of the characters, they can simply add 4 new recipes that give to the character we have, e.g. I am a dueller and I want the advantages of a soldier, I take the corresponding recipe, only for one use, of course the recipe will be, e.g. for a dueller it cannot be used by the same character, I don't know of course if this can be implemented in the game.
evolution of classes here we come, can't wait to see duelist's criting while having 50k hp themselves, or even better duelist's with worker bonus never missing and having at least 5 crits every fort :D

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
since when, or where?
They asked the managers and the managers shared the feedback already sent so far. Apparently the French manager also made a topic on the forum, I think there wasn't much feedback sent in regarding character classes and he wanted to consult with the players.

This is a bad idea. Firstly, I don't think it is technically possible, and secondly, it wouldn't be fair to the other players, in a duel, for example, someone could use that potion and have the soldier's advantages, i.e. +50% tactical bonus. Or someone else can attack from a corner of the map another player who doesn't expect to be attacked, because the attacker isn't a duelist, but have the potion you mention.

ChickenMcGuy

Tombstone Sole Survivor
The West Team
They asked the managers and the managers shared the feedback already sent so far.
curiosity-curious.gif

Trowtag

Reservist
Wouldn't giving everyone the opportunity to choose a character class again be the best idea? after all, what did we know when we had to choose a character class 15 years ago, not knowing how the game was going to evolve. A lot of people are stuck with that choice they had to make at the time (and have regretted it for a long time) How this should work, I have no idea about that either, but something in the direction of a potion for a new character choice should be possible . I'm sure a lot of people would use it.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
It is something possibly to do manually via Admin tools, but it has some.. side effects..
and obviously the CMs aren't allowed. (unless it's a IFBC Training server or something)
They asked the managers and the managers shared the feedback already sent so far. Apparently the French manager also made a topic on the forum, I think there wasn't much feedback sent in regarding character classes and he wanted to consult with the players.
Except Beta, obviously..

Ah wait.. I know we had one topic for PvP (by a former Beta manager) .. few years ago ..

Last edited:

ChickenMcGuy

Tombstone Sole Survivor
The West Team
We have received a lot of feedback and suggestions regarding that topic (including new ones from here), and we are grateful for them. We are really happy to see every new post and suggestion because it will help us achieve our common goal of forming the game in a way that everyone wants, including ourselves.

However, not all markets are as fortunate as us, and it is understandable that they may need to take different steps to start a conversation about it and to receive feedback in a unique but good way. As we are aware, we do not see this as a trend everywhere else, and it may be due to players actively sharing their thoughts, as they do here.

We believe in freedom of speech here and do not suppress any topics or feedback unless they break any of our rules. This is a working scheme for us, and without it, we would not have a nice discussion now.

Once again, we say thank you to everyone who is taking their time to help us in our common goal. We will forward what has already been shared here or anywhere else in Beta.

aimgei

Lance Corporal
Duelist bonus duel motivation could be changed for some job bonus. Not really a bonus to have higher regen, since some people want to keep it low, can be considered a hindrance.

JustAMoment

Lance Corporal
I still have Adventurer stuff in my signature here where i posted ideas before. Might take inspiration from there,/or dont idk, not sure if its doable but personaly i think any changes i mentioned there would be really cool.

But im looking forward if every class will get some "revamp" atleast a little one, could bring some fresh air into game for older players and might make it more interesting for new ones if every class would look decent atleast. Hope its not just asking for nothing in the end.