• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!

Event Señor Piñata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

The West Team
Howdy Cowgirls & Cowboys,

we have prepared a new event for you! :)

My nephew, Mateo, needs your help. He is here to tell you more about it.

Mateo
Mateo: Hi! I’m Mateo. Loki is my uncle and he made a piñata for me but hid it somewhere. Could you, please, help me find it?
You: Alright. What does it look like?
Mateo: Uncle Loki said that it looks like a black horse.
black_horse.png

You: Good, that is a big hint. And where should we start looking for it?
Mateo: Uncle Loki said that it is hanging in an orange tree.
Orange tree.png

You: Oh, I know where Loki’s favourite orange tree is. Let's go!
Mateo: Wait! Do you have a club and red headband?
band_red.png
Club.png

You: Why?
Mateo: It is necessary to break the piñata using a club while being blindfolded with a red headband.
You: Let’s see… I have rotten one and one with a nail.
Mateo: Are you crazy? Do not cheat!!!
You: Ok, ok, I will buy a club and a red headband. Let’s go!

Event Rules

The goal is to find a character called Senor Pinata and knock him out! He is sturdy so it will take a few good tries.
You must be using a Club while wearing only a Red headband. Please, see the picture below.
equipment.png
Damage buffs are NOT allowed (e.g., Polishing stone).
The lucky player that knocks him out will get the chance to choose two items from the below reward list.
  • Harvester's horse
  • Harvester's saddle
  • Summer poncho
  • Summer pants
  • Deputy chef's hat
  • Deputy chef's scarf
  • Deputy chef's uniform
  • Deputy chef's belt
  • Deputy chef's pants
  • Deputy chef's shoes
  • Hawaiian wreath
  • Hawaiian shell necklace
  • Hawaiian flower lei
  • Hawaiian floral belt
  • Green Hawaiian skirt
  • Hawaiian floral sandals
All participants, that respect the duel rule, will receive:
spinach.png

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to message @Loki or @ChickenMcGuy.

Yours sincerely,
Loki
Community Manager

Loki

The West Team
We have already passed 100 duels on Alamogordo.
Is Senor Pinata beginning to crack? :whistle:

Remember:
Damage buffs are NOT allowed (e.g., Polishing stone, Weightstone).

Loki

The West Team
Alamogordo: we have passed 200 duels and Senor Pinata's health is under 50%. :up:

Enewetak: 40 duels and health is under 90%. Due to the lower number of players, I have stopped health regeneration for Senor Pinata. :mexican:
So, once it's gone, it's gone! :pifpaf:

a spinach is enough for 10 duels and he put me over 10 before I got frustrated and attacked him with other clothes... the idea was good initially, but honestly, I don't like how difficult and unfair you made it. Let him have 5k hp, it was ok, at how much damage I hit with that bat it would still have taken a while, but to make him regenerate, it's not fair at all. So better you had everyone say a number from 1 to 10 in private and you chose the winning number with the wheel, then if there were more you chose randomly from among them. Simpler, easier and more pleasant. Too bad about the story of the event as it was interesting, but the task was incorrect...

Loki

The West Team
a spinach is enough for 10 duels and he put me over 10 before I got frustrated and attacked him with other clothes...
Let me see if I get it: you have attacked him 6 times before you called it quits and decided to ruin it for everyone else? 10 attacks in full duel gear.
You can't expect everyone to like something. Some do, some don't but that doesn't mean you should break the rules on purpose.

to make him regenerate
We are not regenerating him. The server is. Slowly. All characters do that. Health and energy regenerates slowly.
On Alamogordo, Senor Pinata's health is around 20% just now.

Let him have 5k hp
Judging by avg. damage it would take around 35 duels to KO him. During the day, that would be about 1hr and 1/2 (90mins).
You want an event with premium rewards to last 90 mins?

It would take me longer to set it up than the actual event. :lol:

Let me see if I understand : did you attack him 6 times before he gave up and decided to destroy for everyone else ? 10 attacks in full dueling gear.
You can't expect everyone to like something. Some do, some don't, but that doesn't mean you should break the rules on purpose.

We do not regenerate it. The server is. Slow. All characters do this. Health and energy regenerate slowly.
On Alamogordo, Mr. Pinata's health is around 20% right now.

Judging by avg. damage it would take about 35 duels to knock him out. During the day, it would be about 1 hour and a half (90 minutes).
Want a premium rewards event that lasts 90 minutes?

It would take me longer to install than the actual event. :lol:
you're the boss here, so do as you please. I figured I'd attack him with the red armband and beat him up, but after attacking him a few times and seeing that he didn't pass out, I got frustrated thinking he was some bug or something, as he was in the beginning when he was not attacked. or when he failed to show up for any work involving oranges. I lost 2 fulls in this event, so it makes sense to attack differently, but no, you're the boss, you decide. As for how long an event would take or something, the recommendation was like the others on the forum so it doesn't take too long to implement. Peace and growth!

### Translated using Google Translate. I hope nothing got lost in the process. ###

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the description was very clear that only one person could KO the NPC.
Or that when one person finished him off (with or without incorrect gear), it would stop everyone else from playing.

while it does say that:
The lucky player that knocks him out will get the chance to choose two items from the below reward list.
many forum contests have one person chosen from those that complete it correctly,so it could lead some to assume that would be the case here.

very logical explanation for unfair approach and breaking the rules.

very respectful to post this in foreign language....
* ironic overlay off*

Last edited:

DaveKing

Private
I'd like to see this kind of mini event on the real worlds again.
In our world we had a Geronimo hunt many years ago and anyone who was interested kept attacking the NPC. Whoever was lucky knocked him out and got the reward (then the admins revived it and the hunt continued)
Then a few years later Christmas bandits had to be knocked out continuously for several weeks and whoever did the most KOs got the valuable reward.

Status
Not open for further replies.