• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Changelog 2.185

Miss Florida

Lance Corporal
It's live now. :lol:

You want to shoot pumpkins? :pifpaf:
Obv. I'm just kidding. :whistle:

I will need to ask and get back to you.

The sets will be fixed so no worries there and La China is the free set. :up:

How dare we make the Oktoberfest sets auctionable. :lol:
That´s not an answer Loki. :(

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
Did you actually released the sets with those crazy values? :lol:
I know it's "beta", but it's treated as a normal server.

FreeHugs

Lance Corporal
InnoGames really thinks the equivalent of saying "no backsies" will hold up.

Stupid idea to allow spending on a "test" world seems like a legal nightmare, hope you guys allow refunds when you make these changes because that pathetic warning really wont mean anything.

DeletedUser5241

How can you say a warning means nothing lol. If the game closes tomorrow (the live servers) guess what? You don’t get a refund.

Loki

The West Team
Stupid idea to allow spending on a "test" world seems like a legal nightmare
In the gaming world, this is normal. Even triple-A games do it.
For most games, you have to pay in order to be able to play Alpha/Beta.
Some get stuck in "Early Access Alpha" for years.

Also, because this is Beta, you get 3x more nuggets. :up:

FreeHugs

Lance Corporal
How can you say a warning means nothing lol. If the game closes tomorrow (the live servers) guess what? You don’t get a refund.

I'm saying legally that extremely short warning isn't enough, not that the warning itself has no meaning.

In the gaming world, this is normal. Even triple-A games do it.
For most games, you have to pay in order to be able to play Alpha/Beta.
Some get stuck in "Early Access Alpha" for years.

Also, because this is Beta, you get 3x more nuggets. :up:

Yes, huge companies release massive multi-million dollar well crafted games in alpha / beta (even games in alpha are more polished than The West) with a price tag and in-game purchases. Not only is this fundamentally different from monetising a bug testing server but they have hordes of lawyers and massive Terms and Conditions you must confirm before even playing.

But even then, there is a level of good faith between the consumer & producer, refunds are almost always given regardless of said terms and conditions that may technically give them the right to refuse when there are game affecting changes / bugs. There's zero good faith between InnoGames & the consumers bringing this example even further from what the majority of respectable game companies do.

The reason I bring this up is I think monetising a BUG TEST SERVER (doing innos bug testing work for them might I add) that almost all that play on it treat as a normal server because of how InnoGames has treated it, A lame and generalised "fix all" warning when it's been encouraged to play on normally should never be justified or defended. it is not the industry standard and the whole set-up is immoral.

Maybe you are used to InnoGames poor treatment and think their word is law but compared to the industry standard this'd be what you call "some shady...".

I got banned for this post so reposting without the words that got me banned :P

Last edited by a moderator: