• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Oktoberfest Set Feedback

Take It Easy

Reservist
Speed set is is simply perfect, I wouldn't change anything of it.

FF set needs damage sector bonus, at least the weapons.

Duel set looks like an upgraded Thomas set with vigor. Useful for soldiers who don't like losing duels, useless for players who know how the duel system works.

Free set and premmy weapons... trash.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
I do have several questions

• First one is about the duel set. The set bonus seems to be the total bonus for 2, 3, 4 and 5 items, but at 6 items I think you only add the diference from 6 and 5 items, right? Otherwise it would mean that you only showed the bonus difference between n and n-1 (n being the number of items), and that would mean that this set would have a ridiculous number of skills and I don't think that's the case.

• The speed set seems to be a copy-paste after Schwarzwald's set, but this one is upgradable. It could have been a bit faster, don't you think? That one was free. And why did you add tactics and vigor to it? It makes no sense. The hp is great, but duel skills again...? Why?

• Why did you omit to add the flat damage for the first two sets of weapons (the free one and the duel one)?

• Why are the unique weapon sets getting weaker?

• I hope you'll reduce the leadership from the fort damager clothing set. It's too much. Why don't you change the fort formula? It sucks to be a tank these days.
I am still waiting for answers. Or is this topic a joke?

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
This thread is solely here for players to provide feedback on the sets - which we will gladly implement fully or partially. Asking questions as to why the bonuses were set the way they are do not really contribute to the purpose of the thread.

For your convenience:

1. The set bonuses as shown in the official announcement are cumulative, meaning that you would need to add these together to find out the total bonuses for wearing the set depending on how many items you are wearing
2. I will be sure to pass on your feedback regarding the increased speed. If there are other skill points you would like to see for it, please do feel free to post them.
3. I do not believe this was intentional
4. We have tried to improve these in one or more areas from past feedback. If there are other improvements you would like to see, feel free to post them here

Last edited:

Monrey

Reservist
Why some guy at InnoGames thinks we need another defense damage set? These people who made this sets... do they even play the game? Change setting traps to hiding and increase this skill by 10%-15%.

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Why some guy at InnoGames thinks we need another defense damage set? These people who made this sets... do they even play the game? Change setting traps to hiding and increase this skill by 10%-15%.
Why? Captain is already strong as it is and you can get it in Xmas or if you are lucky in Oktoberfest rare chest. Also you can make captain set +3 easily in xmas which will make the set even better. After captain set , S.Adams got released ( which was not as good as captain ) and it's also for attack and for defense, Ron is the next one that came for defense but it's not better than Mosey or Murrieta, it's obvious that they will make a better defensive set that's better than Mosey and Murrieta because captain is already good enough in attack and also because people asked for a better set but they got Ron and players didn't like it so they now make a better one , you should wait for ateast another year to get a better set for attack or you will get it on DotD which I highly doubt.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
This thread is solely here for players to provide feedback on the sets - which we will gladly implement fully or partially. Asking questions as to why the bonuses were set the way they are do not really contribute to the purpose of the thread.

For your convenience:

1. The set bonuses as shown in the official announcement are cumulative, meaning that you would need to add these together to find out the total bonuses for wearing the set depending on how many items you are wearing
2. I will be sure to pass on your feedback regarding the increased speed. If there are other skill points you would like to see for it, please do feel free to post them.
3. I do not believe this was intentional
4. We have tried to improve these in one or more areas from past feedback. If there are other improvements you would like to see, feel free to post them here
1. You didn't bother to check the bonus, didn't you? :(
If what you're saying is true, it means that at 6 items, we will get negative values. So we'll be losing vigor, tactics, hp, aiming, dodging by using all 6 items. Can you correct the bonus?
2. Thanks.
3. Then can you provide the complete damage values?
4. Add a speed or regeneration bonus.
5. Reduce the leadership for the damager set. It's too much. Damagers already deal insane amount of damage.

ChickenMcGuy

Tombstone Sole Survivor
The West Team
1. You didn't bother to check the bonus, didn't you? :(
If what you're saying is true, it means that at 6 items, we will get negative values. So we'll be losing vigor, tactics, hp, aiming, dodging by using all 6 items. Can you correct the bonus?
2. Thanks.
3. Then can you provide the complete damage values?
4. Add a speed or regeneration bonus.
5. Reduce the leadership for the damager set. It's too much. Damagers already deal insane amount of damage.

1. You need to sum up all of the previous bonuses, to calculate what will be the bonus with 6 items. For example, Tactics will be 0.2+0.3+0+0.2+0.3=1.0 per level with 6 items as a set bonus.
3. We will ask about it, and we will update our post when we get an answer for them.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
300 tactics only from the set bonus? Wow...that's...not ok.

The bonus cannot be cumulative, it would be too high. It would mean that the fort damager set would give 400 leadership and 16.5 attack just from the set bonus, the Captain's set only gives 128 leadership and 3.55 attack, and this new one is copy-paste after the Captain. I think the final bonuses are shown, not individual bonus for each combination of x items and in the case of the duel set there is an error, at 6 bonuses only the respective bonus is shown, not the total bonus. It cannot be cumulative, please, check again.
How are we supposed to give useful feedback when you mess up bonuses so bad and use incomplete information? (not full bonuses shown, incomplete values for damage etc.)

1. You need to sum up all of the previous bonuses, to calculate what will be the bonus with 6 items. For example, Tactics will be 0.2+0.3+0+0.2+0.3=1.0 per level with 6 items as a set bonus.
It's actually 0.2 + 0.5 + 0.5 + 0.7 + 0.3 = 2.2 x lvl =330 tactics at lvl 150 only from set bonus which is INSANE. I am sure you're wrong.

Last edited:

ChickenMcGuy

Tombstone Sole Survivor
The West Team
300 tactics only from the set bonus? Wow...that's...not ok.

The bonus cannot be cumulative, it would be too high. It would mean that the fort damager set would give 400 leadership and 16.5 attack just from the set bonus, the Captain's set only gives 128 leadership and 3.55 attack, and this new one is copy-paste after the Captain. I think the final bonuses are shown, not individual bonus for each combination of x items and in the case of the duel set there is an error, at 6 bonuses only the respective bonus is shown, not the total bonus. It cannot be cumulative, please, check again.
How are we supposed to give useful feedback when you mess up bonuses so bad and use incomplete information? (not full bonuses shown, incomplete values for damage etc.)

It's actually 0.2 + 0.5 + 0.5 + 0.7 + 0.3 = 2.2 x lvl =330 tactics at lvl 150 only from set bonus which is INSANE. I am sure you're wrong.

Let me fix up my statement: It already sums up there all of the previous bonuses (so with 2,3,4 and 5 items values are correct) until 5 items, you need only to cumulative last two, bonus with 5 and 6 items, so staying with Tactics, it will be 0.7+0.3=1.0. Other sets already got "right values" (you don't need cumulative), only SET 1 got that different showcase because most players likely will wear it with 5 items.

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Let me fix up my statement: It already sums up there all of the previous bonuses (so with 2,3,4 and 5 items values are correct) until 5 items, you need only to cumulative last two, bonus with 5 and 6 items, so staying with Tactics, it will be 0.7+0.3=1.0. Other sets already got "right values" (you don't need cumulative), only SET 1 got that different showcase because most players likely will wear it with 5 items.
Why don't you just put the complete numbers of the bonuses and individual items for 150 level? I didn't know that I must be a math genius to understand a simple bonus of a set , don't confuse people like me ( who btw are really bad at math ) just put the complete numbers..

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
I understand this, but WHY? This is what i asked few comments ago. Why is this way? And why only the duel set, the other 3 are just fine. Is it that hard to admit and correct a mistake? :))

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
The bonuses are indeed a bit confusing (not sure how that happened) but you would simply need to add the bonuses from 5 items with the ones from 6 items to find out the total.

Imo, it is better this way since everyone uses 5 items + an upgraded town hat :D

FreeHugs

Lance Corporal
I do agree with most of the issues ppl have brought up but... the town shop meta is quite fun (I know it's unbalanced) and also tactics are not unbeatable and I'm not sure why I keep seeing people act as if tactic advantage or just high tactics in general = win, I've been a dueller on multiple worlds for 8+ years and still don't really have much more trouble with tactic builds than I do with resist or full dodge / aim builds... Just have to change gear & or reskill accordingly.

the set should be balanced a little better, the same for the speed set which people are ignoring.

"removing" tactics bonus from soldiers and setting all sets ever made set back to the stone age isn't the solution, if there's no power creep or interesting combinations / builds I wouldn't play this game it'd be boring. Remember peeps it's about balance.

Soldiers OP? dont revert years of people getting used to it but adjust it & balance the other classes. No this will never happen but calling InnoGames to just reset / delete things is just. Meh. Same for the shop update, I'm happier with this badly balanced version than not having it at all. And find it fun working to get the money to upgrade & find better gear combinations for different builds

A lot's changed and most of it was done poorly but don't get a hate boner for everything just because the majority sucks.

The biggest problem with duelling people don't recognise is the actual formula hasn't been updated with the stat increase over the years which creates some uniquely stupid duels. That and duel levels being bad for how few players are left & duel radar hiding people when you drop below certain MOT & Duel levels being calculated by experience, these problems have been much bigger for me as a dueller.

Anyways sorry for not being fully on topic but I just wanted to speak my mind.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
resist or full dodge / aim builds
If your opponent is not online or he doesn't change his clothes, it may be simple (to beat him, but not to KO him, which is another problem), but if he's online you probably can't beat him with toughness/reflex. He can use toughness/reflex + tactics and still beats you because he would have higher aiming/dodging. That would be a problem in general with the duel, the defender should always win (or in 90% of the cases if we consider the very bad randomness), but it's even worst when you face a soldier and you struggle to break his tactics. Mclaughlin's horse+saddle give a lot of tactics, green silk scarf and highlander's pants too. Also fancy or yellow cowboy hat or silver buckle belt. To these add the 50% soldier bonus and you'll see it's hard to win even with t/r build vs a good soldier. If it's online and changes items depending on your clothes, you should never win.

Miss Florida

Lance Corporal
The bonuses are indeed a bit confusing (not sure how that happened) but you would simply need to add the bonuses from 5 items with the ones from 6 items to find out the total.

Imo, it is better this way since everyone uses 5 items + an upgraded town hat :D

This is much worse, not better.
Exactly, few of us asked you to fix the 6 items bonus...

Last edited:

FreeHugs

Lance Corporal
If your opponent is not online or he doesn't change his clothes, it may be simple (to beat him, but not to KO him, which is another problem), but if he's online you probably can't beat him with toughness/reflex. He can use toughness/reflex + tactics and still beats you because he would have higher aiming/dodging. That would be a problem in general with the duel, the defender should always win (or in 90% of the cases if we consider the very bad randomness), but it's even worst when you face a soldier and you struggle to break his tactics. Mclaughlin's horse+saddle give a lot of tactics, green silk scarf and highlander's pants too. Also fancy or yellow cowboy hat or silver buckle belt. To these add the 50% soldier bonus and you'll see it's hard to win even with t/r build vs a good soldier. If it's online and changes items depending on your clothes, you should never win.

They can't have more dodge / aim & more resist / tactics. Skill points can go really high now but if they have spread-out skills just invest heavily in 1 or two to break through what you can, it always works. Tactics is an accessory skill w/capped effectiveness that aim can break through even with 0 app, if you have enough of it (and if they're some crazy nugget munching 10 year + account never missed a repeatable quest lvl 4 gear prem soldier this still works, but you wont get a KO solo, so bring a friend)

Soldier class + tactics & HP bonuses still unfair but again, very beatable.

I still agree that set 1 is over tuned but with just a small nerf I don't think it'd be as impossible to beat as made out, the problem is it will be too deadly to attack, you could never get enough resist with that set for it to be a resist / tactics set, It's an aim / tactics / HP set + the high damage of the weapons it'd just be too deadly to attack and too hard to KO as it is now.

Anyways still don't think anything should be removed just balanced, same for shop items. Some items are much better / worse than others but as long as it's in an acceptable range I think that's good. Just balance what's outside of that acceptable strong / weak range.

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
It's not overtuned, it's a weak set.
Tell me 10 combinations with which you would attack me and I will find you at least 20 with which I would beat you. I would probably do it as an adventurer, but it would be much easier as a soldier. Plus you can do it so that you win both tactics and appearance and attack while defending. The advantages are enormous. And no, I'm not saying you can't beat soldiers, but if he's online and changes his clothes according to yours, it's kind of impossible.