• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Let's talk about Fort Battles, Adventures and Duelling

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
True, you should have beaten him, but sometimes the duel is too random. I hit 0/8 and I received 8/8 in a duel in where I broke the opponent's tactics, I knew the areas where he was dodging/hitting and I also had more aiming/dodging than him ...

DeletedUser500

maHaQPT.png

I will talk for fort battles.
1. Adventurer class needs rework. Maybe something like hiding and setting trap bonus similar to worker class. Maybe extra movement range(excluding walls,towers,buildings,gate etc.). Actually depending on hiding and setting trap skills they should be invisible to enemy team. Enemy team can see them depending on distance or skills.
2. New fort battle rank: Leader. We need people who can command fort battles. Leaders should get extra reward and maybe some sector bonus buff for team so we can move more organized.
3. Add abilities to fort battle. Similar to adventure abilities.
4. New resistance formula. Players with low hp should have much higher resistance. Rather than HP tank they can become resistance tank. Resistance tanks will invest in hiding and setting traps. So they will have better attack, dodge and damage stats than HP tanks so they should be more fragile.
5. Fort battle reward limit. Bond is actually fine but experience limit is too low.
6. Fog of war. All enemy within blindspots are invisible.

Last edited:

DeletedUser500

6. Fog of war. All enemy within blindspots are invisible.
I don't remember ever reading this idea before, props for adding something unique to the conversation, I kinda like it, would make leading a bit too difficult though, trying to get reports from your players in various places about the enemy movements.

I don't remember ever reading this idea before, props for adding something unique to the conversation, I kinda like it, would make leading a bit too difficult though, trying to get reports from your players in various places about the enemy movements.
You are right. I explained it a bit vague sorry about it :) I mean as a whole team. Whatever my teammate see I will see it as well. We will all share same vision.

pimpa1977

Private First Class
Hi There,

This topic hasn`t been touched in a while.

I am a bit concerned about the the damages tanks can make. I am a fort fighter since at least 2010 and most part I have been a tank, but never have I ever experienced the lack of damage I can cause in a battle then recently. I even have the union officer set and used the weapons with a tank cloth set.

I know the tested new formula has been scrapped, but as it stands the towers provide such an overwhelming advantage I think it would be a good idea to tweak the formula finally. I`m not saying the one we have tested on beta the one to try to make it work, but at least put something in a pipeline so at least not only the people with the highest leadership can have hits and maybe, just maybe can the damage been lowered they can cause and give more chance to those who have HP to be able to hit and gain experience points when fighting.

Regards Pimpa

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
Resistance is too strong against tanks and almost useless against duellers (because you lose HP and a lot of defense in order to get higher resistance). The resistance formula should be changed. Actually, resistance doesn't have a formula, it's just a number which is subtracted from the opponent's damage.

Edit: A quick solution may be: Total resistance: -50% of resistance for flat damage and -100% of resistance for leadership damage.
A tank who have ~500 flat damage and 15 dmg from leadership deals against someone with 430 resistance (from cortina and spirit sets) only only deal ~85 damage.
With my formula, this tank will deal [500-(430*0.5)]+(15-430), so 500-215+0=385. Better, right?
A duller who deals 750 flat damage and 1000 damage from leadership deals 1750-430 damage. So 1320. A lot. Especially because the guy with spirits set lose a lot of defense and hp. It seems like you deal less damage, but the tank actually die way faster.
But with my new formula, this dueller will deal [750 - (430*0.5)] + (1000-430) = 535 + 570 = 1105 damage. The overall damage received by the tank is actually slightly higher right now (if you add the damage from the tank who also shoot him), but at least tanks will deal more damage. If tanks with high flat damage and high sector damage deal too much damage, the formula can be adjusted. -75% from flat damage and -75% from resistance from leadership damage. Or -70% and -90%. Some tests should be done.

Last edited:

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Hi There,

This topic hasn`t been touched in a while.

I am a bit concerned about the the damages tanks can make. I am a fort fighter since at least 2010 and most part I have been a tank, but never have I ever experienced the lack of damage I can cause in a battle then recently. I even have the union officer set and used the weapons with a tank cloth set.

I know the tested new formula has been scrapped, but as it stands the towers provide such an overwhelming advantage I think it would be a good idea to tweak the formula finally. I`m not saying the one we have tested on beta the one to try to make it work, but at least put something in a pipeline so at least not only the people with the highest leadership can have hits and maybe, just maybe can the damage been lowered they can cause and give more chance to those who have HP to be able to hit and gain experience points when fighting.

Regards Pimpa
It is something that has been requested before and I will, of course, pass it on again :).

pimpa1977

Private First Class
It is something that has been requested before and I will, of course, pass it on again :).
Hi,

No it has not been requested before, my concern is that the tower bonuses has been amended and since then the fort fights a little too much favour the defenders, also it was just an observation about the tilted balance towards those who have the gear and the points on leadership. Apart from them everyone else struggling to get the top XP for the fights because the lack of damage the tanks can cause. I am just saying that the formula long overdue a rework and not sure why the previously tested one got scrapped? That wasn`t half bad. Besides if you would implement the level cap increase this problem will be more pronounced.

Thanks Pimpa

pimpa1977

Private First Class
Hi there again,

This forum looks like seen better days.

I would like to reignite the conversation here.

I have been talking to a handful of people about changes at the fort fights.

First of all the ADVENTURERS NEEDS A REWORK!!! Immediately. This cannot be delayed to much longer.

Second of all, we have tested a formula before, which would give more damage for fighters with high HP. The tanks at the moment struggling to cause enough damage to get the full XP for the fights.

Duelers bonus is far to OP considering that has been implemented at the beginning of the fort fights when the maximum HP was around the 6k mark, now it is 40k+. Why do you think that is still good as it is?

I think to compensate the HP advantage at the fights instead of keep up the high damage only the duelers can cause, we should distribute it with a new formula, so everyone can cause high damage and hit more often.

Also because the most involving part of this game is the fort fights we should think about it how can we make it more attractive... Give reward chests to a percentage of fighters which can contain wisdom potions.

Please please please get someone's attention with this who could get started to implement changes!

Thanks Pimpa

pimpa1977

Private First Class
Hi there again,

This forum looks like seen better days.

I would like to reignite the conversation here.

I have been talking to a handful of people about changes at the fort fights.

First of all the ADVENTURERS NEEDS A REWORK!!! Immediately. This cannot be delayed to much longer.

Second of all, we have tested a formula before, which would give more damage for fighters with high HP. The tanks at the moment struggling to cause enough damage to get the full XP for the fights.

Duelers bonus is far to OP considering that has been implemented at the beginning of the fort fights when the maximum HP was around the 6k mark, now it is 40k+. Why do you think that is still good as it is?

I think to compensate the HP advantage at the fights instead of keep up the high damage only the duelers can cause, we should distribute it with a new formula, so everyone can cause high damage and hit more often.

Also because the most involving part of this game is the fort fights we should think about it how can we make it more attractive... Give reward chests to a percentage of fighters which can contain wisdom potions.

Please please please get someone's attention with this who could get started to implement changes!

Thanks Pimpa
@Loki

Even if just slim chances would be for lot chests like people would be more interested in fort fights again, the only thing you would need to do is to get new fort fighter sets on the market with some bonus XP option as a set bonus too :)

Make this happen :)