• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Changelog 2.166 Discussion Thread

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Thank you for your feedback. Achievements, in general, are by no means meant to to be completed in a short amount of time. Some achievements will be faster to complete, others will take longer.

Agreed, achievements are not there to be speedran ( unless you play in a speed server ) BUT theres a big BUT

I dont know personally about other servers but GR is banning people for using bible or fists to lower their duel level because they consider it as pushing , so I want you to tell me a logical answer to what I am going to say and this applies for me and im pretty sure a lot of other players can relate to this. *

* How can I lower my duel level if I am 220 and I can only see 5 players , if bible and fists are bannable why should I waste 500 nuggets/bonds for a mysterious potion that HONESTLY doesn't make that big of a difference? How am I supposed to reach 10k duels , how am I supposed to win 10k duels , how am I supposed to even win and initiate 5k duels?

I did suggest before that more duel NPC's are introduced to the game so people with higher duel level that can't see anyone and cant lower their duel level can at least duel the NPC , there can be different NPC'S ranging from 100 duel level until 450 , it's not really that hard , NPC'S can solve the duel level problem if mysterious potion is useless and equipping bible and fists are bannable.

Please pass on the idea of more NPC's again because I don't really see players using the mysterious potion ANY TIME SOON by how useless it actually is.

@Al35ul CM

Last edited:

DeletedUser500

Being challenged to 5000 duels was not achievable when people were actually duelling. It's not achievable now.

Of the 4 Beta players I know of with >10k duels none are even close to being challenged 5000 times, Or even 3000 to be honest.

Me (2020 times)
4uCJtBF.png

KyleJames (1098 times)
SuG1vSe.png

Pikas73 (1310 times)
qJkcHqP.png

coltphoenix (662)
JIxqAZS.png

And these were all over 10 years of duelling and being duellable. I really really love that you want to add more duelling achievements, but not one that literally requires organising a concentrated and prolonged campaign of push duelling to achieve.
No one's being duelled 10 times a week for 10 years straight in the current state of the game.
As far as I can see, we are jumping from 250 all the way up to 750 on this achievement line - so there's plenty of room for manoeuvring.
I would suggest 1000 is difficult enough for the top "be challenged x times" achievement line.

Last edited by a moderator:

FantaSixty

Private
Duels with the Bible should not lead to ban. It is clearly a duel weapon according to the description. Pushing? Everyone spoils in their own way. The builder builds a dome with 12,000 xp/h. Pushing? The duel system is crap, of course players actively sec their duel level. Where else are the opponents supposed to come from? The mysterious potion is a possibility, but far too expensive. 50 bonds are also enough, especially since you can only use this potion every 7 days.
The issue of pushing is only exposed to arbitrariness. You can never answer that unequivocally. Everyone wants money, xp, what is unreasonable? Then don't invent dueling weapons like the Bible if you can't use them.
But I think you're allowed to do that in most countries, in Germany it's allowed. And that's the right thing to do.
Or abolish the duel levels from lvl 150, here everyone should be allowed to duel everyone.

mastadont.

Staff Sergeant
maybe connect npc and player duels together?
lose a npc duel? lose duel experience?

I dont know personally about other servers but GR is banning people for using bible or fists to lower their duel level because they consider it as pushing , so I want you to tell me a logical answer to what I am going to say and this applies for me and im pretty sure a lot of other players can relate to this. *

its only pushing if it is arranged, getting yourself ko protection by killing yourself off on another player is nowhere near pushing.
furthermore with the new achievements? you can't even get all those achievements if you want them all?
how you gonna get back from level 450 then? or get 10k duels without losing some to keep your level low?
your problem is not the game..... its those clowns running it on your server that doesn't know what pushing is
and with the carte blanche from InnoGames? they can do whatever they want.

DeletedUser500

Also:
Dodge 8 times in a duel for 100 time
and
Hit your opponent 8 times in a duel for 100 time

has this been tracked the entire time or are we starting from 0?

I'm assuming the Reach the duel level 450 will not be awarded retrospectively.
I guess i'll find out if my achievements ever come through lol.

Legate

Reservist
These new duelling achivements are too hard to complete. And even if some people managed to get them. Nobody will be having fun doing them and people will still cheese it because of the sake of getting them.

Edit: On Czech servers nobody cares if you duel with a bible, fist or another type of lower dmg weapon. Some people do it after fort battles because they want 3 day duel protection. It's part of the game. It just can't be pre-arranged.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 117528

Let's play a game

Everyone says that those achievements are too hard to get, and it is. What do you think it would change ? Maybe nothing ? :whistle:

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Also:
Dodge 8 times in a duel for 100 time
and
Hit your opponent 8 times in a duel for 100 time

has this been tracked the entire time or are we starting from 0?

I'm assuming the Reach the duel level 450 will not be awarded retrospectively.
I guess i'll find out if my achievements ever come through lol.
Such achievements will start from 0

Let's play a game

Everyone says that those achievements are too hard to get, and it is. What do you think it would change ? Maybe nothing ? :whistle:
I will pass on your feedback in hope it can be changed :).

DeletedUser500

Okay, I suppose that's a good thing because it gives everyone something achievable to work towards, regardless of how many duels they've completed previously.

The new character titles are dope, I like them very much.

DeletedUser500

for duel level 450?
you need a target at least 321?
everybody is trying to lower their duellevel and then you come up with such an achievement?
very freaking funny
Yeah I think it could be changed to "gain x amount of duelling experience", currently on Beta there's only 4 players I've found that are duellable at level 450 (Kyle, Iceman, OneTouch and TimTim) which is more than expected, but still not enough to actually reach 450 myself, but this move alone might increase the number of players actually trying to have a duel level higher than 150.

I also think Lincoln's Revolver needs more base damage - tombola weapons make it obsolete, when it should clearly be the best gun in the game, or at least have parity with Musical Cowgirl, for example.

DeletedUser500

lincoln was good when they made it
now? mehhh crappy item
I see now that it's not a new set, but an unreleased one. I probably wouldn't use the gun for duelling anyway since the set doesn't have a separate weapon's set. so maybe disregard and i'll just accept this set is pointless in terms of gameplay value.

Deleted User - 117528

I see now that it's not a new set, but an unreleased one. I probably wouldn't use the gun for duelling anyway since the set doesn't have a separate weapon's set. so maybe disregard and i'll just accept this set is pointless in terms of gameplay value.
Lincoln should be like gringo. A really hard to get set but when u finally have it all to worth have it.

FantaSixty

Private
Perhaps all duel levels should also be set to 150 or equal to the game level. This could be done again with a potion from Waupee or John... implement. That way, everyone has the same chances at the start of the new achievements. There are enough differences due to upgraded weapons or winning weapons of the events.

Achievements are also not always supposed to be quickly attainable, but some numbers like 10,000 duels seem too fantastic to me. The numbers should be adjusted again, perhaps an average value for the best duelists over a 5-year period. There is not only the beta, we have many worlds and here the supporters of all countries can enthusiastically support you, dear aL35ul. ;)

Last edited:

DeletedUser500

10,000 duels seem too fantastic to me
10k, for me, is the perfect number for the final duel achievement. You should have to commit to duelling for a significant amount of time to complete the achievement line, but I have the mindset of a dueller from the peak of the game where there were actually targets.

That way, everyone has the same chances at the start of the new achievements.
So, this update made me want to log in, end vacation mode and actually duel again, but I don't have a duelling set from the last 4 years...
This game is actually disgustingly bad to come back to after missing some tombolas. I feel unable to play the game currently.

On a related note, if anyone wants my services as a dueller for your town, I happen to be in the market for a set.... Mail me and let's work something out:pifpaf:

mastadont.

Staff Sergeant
in march there will be st.patricks event
so you might get the luckycloverset or whatever its called

and as far as I can see?
all the new achievements like dodge and hit 8 times in a duel start on 0
the old ones? duellevel, amount of duels or one hits are already counted
the problem of the 0 start achievements is that there are no statistics for those events, therefor they start at 0
for the others? there are already statistics for so they just continue

FantaSixty

Private
At least now you have game goals again and that's a good thing. :up:
I've been playing in Germany since 2009, so over 11 years, and I've always been there, except for a few holidays. My inventory is really huge, I'm 12th in the duel ranking without a duel skill, but I enjoy duels every now and then. In the 11.5 years I've been here, I've played 9352 duels. But 11 years... I think that's a very high number, even for a final success.

DeletedUser500

I've been playing in Germany since 2009, so over 11 years, and I've always been there, except for a few holidays. My inventory is really huge, I'm 12th in the duel ranking without a duel skill, but I enjoy duels every now and then. In the 11.5 years I've been here, I've played 9352 duels. But 11 years... I think that's a very high number, even for a final success.
It is a very high number and I do see your point, but The Abyss here on beta alone had 6 or 7 players with 10k+ back in 2013, as we were a dedicated duelling town. Plus it's actually an achievable number on your own, don't need other players to attack you.

I've done over 100 duels in a single day, I don't know if that is even possible anymore with the ridiculous sets these days, but there are a lot more buffs and everyone seems to have hundreds of HP buffs saved up because they keep giving them away.

At least now you have game goals again and that's a good thing. :up:
I suppose that is true, since there has been nothing to play for, for some time now.
They didn't even fix any of the glaring problems, just gave the smallest reason to log in again and I fully buy it - I bet there are a lot of players like me, dedicated to the game, want to play the game, but have no reason to play the game because the PvP is broken.

New achievements for existing features is great content, and this is the first update I have liked in a long, long time.