• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Situation of the Game

TakiZ0

Reservist
Unfortunately, I can say with certainty that poker will not be re-implemented into the game.
Where is the issue ? Is poker not part of the western lore ? Or what ?
I see no real reason why it wouldn't be implemented.

Is it because it's gambling ? You won't invest real money to play it. That easy...

Tell us a poker mini-game is forbidden, but your gambling tombolas are completely fine... :njub:

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
Why couldn't they put something in the SHOP that everyone is crying out for, for christs sake, like the Cortez set?
I have lost 3 of my long term members due to our church being too high for them to construct and I am in danger of losing more loyal Town Members
They are forcing everyone to wait until Christmas, so they can put them in the event to make more money, where you have a 30% chance of getting the Cortez Set
The Devs just cant stop being selfish for once and it is really really sickening
They really don't give a crap about the Community whatsoever
They sit up there in their Ivory Towers making decisions that negatively impact and affect the community and wonder why so many players are quitting
They are effectively running this game into the ground but will they listen (Not on your life)
They wont reduce the price or cooldown period of the Mysterious Potion, after us complaining about it for over 4 months, so some of us have no Duel Targets
All we get from the Community Manager is I have passed it on the the Devs and guess what, Nothing ever Happens
I had 5000 Bonds disappear from my Inventory and the Devs refused to replace them even though I have been here supporting this game for over 13 years at a cost of £2400 in Nuggets, however I will stick around to watch the West go down the toilet

I cant believe how bloody mean they are, consequently I have stopped purchasing Nuggets
Enewetak now has less than 280 players and is ready to have the plug pulled on it and Alamogordo is in the same state
Are the Devs blind to what is currently happening?
Can anyone bother to tell me why I should continue playing The West?
I know the Devs can't give me a good reason to stay, as their bottom line is how can they pick our pockets for every last penny that they can squeeze out of us before The West folds, which will be sooner than they think at the rate they are going
One last comment: They don't deserve our loyalty

Last edited:

Guiri

Corporal
I would rather blame lack of listening to the player base. Every suggestion has been made 10+ times but then a big nothing. I almost feel like having these forums is just to keep the players silent, to make them think that there might be someone listening.

Al could you please inform us what the percentage is of the suggestions you send in that actually turn into something? 1%? 0.1% 0.0000001%?

Deleted User - 117528

As previously mentioned above, the majority of decisions become internal information once they have been passed on. It is much more difficult to provided a ''yes or no'' answer to all suggestion made. In many cases that result in a 'no' - I do believe we, the Beta team, have replied to all suggestions that we know will not be added. Positive answers are not always an ''yes'' from the beginning - many of these are considered and whilst we do consider all suggestions received, development time is not immediately invested in all possible ''yes'' requests.
How about duel potion? Nothing happen yet just words.

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
I would rather blame lack of listening to the player base. Every suggestion has been made 10+ times but then a big nothing. I almost feel like having these forums is just to keep the players silent, to make them think that there might be someone listening.

Al could you please inform us what the percentage is of the suggestions you send in that actually turn into something? 1%? 0.1% 0.0000001%?
I am not sure what you mean by ''turn into something''. As I mentioned above, there are many suggestions that are considered however, this does not mean that development time is immediately invested into these.

How about duel potion? Nothing happen yet just words.
I will inquire regarding this again :).

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
They have absolutely no intention of reducing the cost, or the cooldown of the Duel Potion
Trust me, they are just stringing us along until we get fed up of asking
Al35ul has told me twice that they have acknowledged our request and are making changes, but they cant find 10 minutes to instigate the changes, as they are too busy scheming how to drain our wallets for even more garbage
They should be ashamed of conning us over and over again :(

Miss Florida

Lance Corporal
Guys, don´t expect too much from the game that is managed by HR people and coffee makers at Innogames. Only thing they know about this game is how to set 1h of berry picking.

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Thank you all for your feedback. I know this is the last thing you would like to hear, but I will pass everything on :).

On a separate note, today's change-log announcement is a bit delayed but will be posted before EOD :).

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
I forgot to mention that the Sets in the Day of the Dead Event were 3.5kk last Christmas
I'm willing to bet the price of them gets increased by the Devs out of pure greed this Christmas
Just remember what I have predicted, as it will come to pass, guaranteed! :(

rennokki

Reservist
I had to come here to further push ideas as on the Romanian board I did not achieve anything regarding my 2 cents for this game. The original thread is here, but it is in Romanian. I'll translate everything up here for all of you. I translated it below. Before that, I have to throw another 2 cents.

It's pretty shameful that a game is still played and yet the community has great ideas, and it seems like none of them do seem to be taken into account. I can see the same ignorance of the players/staff (again, respecting the fact that a CoMa actually is an intermediary and has no decision of his own regarding the development). You need to fuss about the mere changes that happen once in a while. Let alone the fact that the newest update, like 2.161, could have been done in like 10 minutes. The-West feels like a dying community, but somehow it isn't. I understand how InnoGames has other priorities on the list, but at least do something about it. Build a new/remastered version from scratch with better approaches towards the majority of the issues, like scaling quests rewards, dealing with high level players that cap the game like prestige-like restarts. There are so many examples on the game market on how you can do better than just closing and opening new worlds, trashing 99% of the ideas of a better game quality because you're either too lazy (with respect) or it's not a priority (understandable, game development is high af and i know that on my own). After playing for like 3 weeks and hitting almost 60, I understand why I left back then. I don't feel much has changed.

I pretty much think that the community is biased too, and rejects good things that can impact the game. Change is good. Not always, but it's good. It depends on which way you're heading.

Most of us want a classic world and the reason we don't get one is, because back then when there was ~ 1 month or so from the classic, there weren't many players joining. The truth is, who would waste energy and time on a classic experience if it sticks just 1 week or 1 month? You would play a bit at the beginning for the nostalgia, but you'd turn down immediately because you'd waste 1 week or 1 month without having the classical experience back.

---

I have selected just the important paragraphs.

Title: [rant] Proposals for sets, set quests, garbage quests, and switching between worlds

Content:

[...] I have some ideas that need to be discussed. I don't plan this will go some place, but I'll throw my 2 cents.

The last time I played TW was around 2010-2013. I got to play again recently (~3 weeks) and I saw some major updates that can be further developed. Back then, the peak would have been to get the Golden Colt/Golden Sabre and the Gentleman/Dancer sets and that's all. The updates that came afterwards were, indeed, better than what it was. The diversity get further, having specialized sets for all things.

Overall, the idea with the sets went well, but a new player that comes and plays for the first time has trouble getting one. Recently, Oktoberfest finished and Andreas' set was given for completing the daily meals. I'm not sure how a new player can get such quest. It's some kind of disadvantage. Maybe I'm missing something, not playing for ~ 8 years and I missed some stuff. Old items from older sets were given during this event, like Thomas, Carl, etc. Before the sets, it was pretty rough to get a Belle Stars Derringer, Hernandos' Sword (ig), even more when you were a newbie and you had to know that you had to do that magic stuff with Three Rivers and make sure to finish Waupee's quest instead of the Sheriff's. Here, things can work better if there would be quests for sets. [...] you may also get access to sets as a new player.

Speaking about quests, I don't binge the storyline. I have an issue with quests that I clutch when I hit 50+ because I did not finish quests across the map. Maybe as a person that tries to level up asap, a quest tree would be great. Graph-looking, knowing which quests (up to 1-2 levels) depend on the current quest I can accept.

Also, some quests are garbage. The Wright Brothers quest has an insane amount of requirements for such little XP points. The Ghost Town quests has a lot less impact on the requirements and it gives much more in terms of XP. [...] one solution would have been to get XP or $ based on the mission level + a percent of player's level with a maximum cap. [...] In some sort of way, you would get missions that grow logarithmically, while the XP required still grows exponentially. [...]

The fact that there are more migrations between worlds, once in a while, this costs new players. You come for the first time [on a new world] and you see players that are lv 70-80 and get soe much trading skillpoints. [...] Maybe things would be better if you could have a world and multiple continents as a concept, where you can switch between them back and forth.

ChickenMcGuy

Tombstone Sole Survivor
The West Team
Thank you for your very detailed feedback and thanks for sharing with us your west experience! I will send it to forward to the team.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
I disagree with "migrations hurt" opinion though.

Not that there is any, for .Net at least.
Lots of people are sick of being stuck in servers with few hundred active players, aka Dead.

This game doesn't really after "new" players anyhow.
10 years with no advertisement whatsoever.
No mobile version and all.

rennokki

Reservist
I disagree with "migrations hurt" opinion though.

Not that there is any, for .Net at least.
Lots of people are sick of being stuck in servers with few hundred active players, aka Dead.

This game doesn't really after "new" players anyhow.
10 years with no advertisement whatsoever.
No mobile version and all.

Some things cleared out in between on that thread, I just translated it to keep the integrity of the main ideas.

I can agree with this. A better solution would be a prestige-like action where you can re-start from scratch or something like that (that would not be viable), and start progressing again.

DeletedUser500

A better solution would be a prestige-like action where you can re-start from scratch or something like that (that would not be viable), and start progressing again.
I actually think this is a fantastic idea, I'd love to play something other than Adventurer, but I dont want to delete a decade old character for it.
"Prestige" and migrations combined could help solve the low player count being spread over too many worlds.

rennokki

Reservist
I actually think this is a fantastic idea, I'd love to play something other than Adventurer, but I dont want to delete a decade old character for it.
"Prestige" and migrations combined could help solve the low player count being spread over too many worlds.

Now I'm just waiting for InnoGames to read this message.

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
@Al35ul CM : do you think that an AMA here in the forums with the product manager and/or game designer, who are directly responsible for the direction of the game, could be arranged at some point ?

I think this would be a good way to understand the "other side" a bit better.
Unfortunately that is not possible (I will ask) however, if you have any question, please simply post them here and I will get an answer for them :).

Yea good luck with that.

They can't even be bothered to announce the new LCM..
That is not something that needs to be posted on the forums.

Last edited: