• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Independence Day Event 2021 Discussion

DeletedUser500

Would you consider selling the currently relevant PvP sets in the shop during tombolas?

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Hmm..
Not OP damager set, good
Not OP tank set, good

Buuut.. Tank mount set is "trash" as per current trend..
And Clothing set is.. well.. Not good enough for Attacks.

Like 50 resistance for whole Clothing set? Come on is this 2015?
Other stats don't seem great either.

The current issue of Fort battles is Attackers can't win.
And that's mainly because Tanks die like flies on ground and can't hit anything at all (and/or close to no Damage) , not because Damages and/or Hit ratios of Leadership builds are low (far from it)
So they need to be able to mount at some point but they either can't or it's too late when they do.

Now I don't see how this new set helps with that?

What could help.. well, some Attack bonus and more Resistance for start.

Last edited:

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Hmm..
Not OP damager set, good
Not OP tank set, good

Buuut.. Tank mount set is "trash" as per current trend..
And Clothing set is.. well.. Not good enough for Attacks.

Like 50 resistance for whole Clothing set? Come on is this 2015?
Other stats don't seem great either.

The current issue of Fort battles is Attackers can't win.
And that's mainly because Tanks die like flies on ground and can't hit anything at all, not because Damages and/or Hit ratios of Leadership builds are low (far from it)
So they need to be able to mount at some point but they either can't or it's too late when they do.

Now I don't see how this new set helps with that?

What could help.. well, some Attack bonus (and maybe Aiming on Clothing set) and more Resistance for start.
I will pass it on :).

DeletedUser500

Could you provide some examples of the sets you are referring to?
My understanding of the current set meta outside of fort battles isn't very good, but I've researched them on the wiki and these are my suggestions for the currently relevant sets.
I think you should only sell tombola sets, not the nugget sets. Day of the Dead sets are also ridiculously difficult to acquire, and not many exist in the game worlds. I also see a lot of completely un-viable duelling playstyles with the current power creep. Duels should have a "rock-paper-scissors" relationship between damage, resistance and dodge to function properly.
(please someone correct me if I missed anything)

Forts
attack:
Damage:
Captain (tombola set, relevant when upgraded)
Union Officer (nugget set)

Tank:
No suitable set exists, but the closest is:
Cortina (Day of the Dead tombola set)
Summer Spirits (nugget set)

defence
Damage:
Union Officer (nugget set)

Tank:
Cortina (Day of the Dead tombola set)

Duels
ranged:
Damage:
Vaquero (Attack, Day of the Dead tombola set)
No suitable set exists for defence

Resistance:
No suitable sets exist

Dodge:
No suitable sets exist

melee:
Damage:
Musical Cowgirl (Defence and Attack, underpowered, day of the dead tombola set)

Resistance:
No suitable sets exist

Dodge:
Johnny Behan (defence, underpowered damage, tombola set)
Josephine (attack, tombola set)

Adventures
Someone else will have to tell you the Adventures meta.

I would like to have the opportunity to get relevant sets in every player's hands, so that we do not have such extreme tiers of players based on their gear, so that players who missed the tombola with the meta set don't have to wait until the Winter Tombola for more sets to enter the game world, or for a new meta set to be created (therefore being much less-able to compete in the PvP), and to improve competitiveness all around. I do, however understand that this might actually increase the premium gap because upgrades are the second worst thing to ever happen to The West... after Tombolas becoming the game mechanic that dictates the game's PvP... so maybe there's a debate to be had about this before it happened.

Last edited by a moderator:

*Colonel*

Lance Corporal
What is the purpose of reflex skill in winner weapon set? Devs don’t know that reflex makes no sence in fortbattles?

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
So after the initial comparison and considering all bonuses..
Apparently this Tank set, which meant/had to to be a decent Attack set everyone has been waiting for, is even worse than I thought.

Livingston set of Independence Event 2019 was what most Tanks would use for Attacks and it was never decent to begin with (but a hollow critic fodder)

And now..
This set of 2021 isn't better than that but somewhat worse even.

Less Resistance, less Dodging, less Leadership (for whatever reason, as if Tanks can do damage), less Hp and of course no Traps.
Idk what happened to the Individual items' Resist/Defense bonuses though.

What we have instead is, more Hiding and minimal Aiming, which won't do.

Last edited:

ChickenMcGuy

Tombstone Sole Survivor
The West Team
About timer's countdown not working properly, we are aware about that and we will try that fix at midnight. Please be patient and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Last edited:

TheMegaira

Private First Class
in the announcement it says that the new quest will start on july 07, will the new quest start on the beta and on the regular worlds at the same time ? is InnoGames sure that the quest will run without bugs ???

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Are we going to get our wasted fireworks refunded?
I will inquire regarding this. Though it is recommend not to use any fireworks yet :).

in the announcement it says that the new quest will start on july 07, will the new quest start on the beta and on the regular worlds at the same time ? is InnoGames sure that the quest will run without bugs ???
We will try :).

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Well, no need all stats when already mediocre Resistance goes to 10.
Might as well make it 0

Last edited:

Deleted User - 117528

So much lack of inspiration for those mythical weapons..

JustAMoment

Lance Corporal
Oh another cool free set on same lvl of functionality as Gilbert one is for older players :'). like Free 3% for everyone on every piece :P
And i dont know i like mythical weapons a lot by design black with "gold" is just nice luxury theme in my opinion. But the reflex there is just too random :D
Edit: i think maybe horseback riding would fit there better, from what i see set doesnt give % movement, so atleast something towards speed outside of FF since its meant to be "ff" set i believe so atleast to get some boost to get to the FF at first place maybe. But i don't know.