• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Adventurer buff for fort battles

WhyN0t

Master Sergeant
Fort battle bonus for adventurer is pretty bad and situational. It is good for defending sectors, but overall it's not great and very situational. Outside defending sectors, the bonus is even worse than if it was useless. It's actually harmfull for your teammates who got shot because your ricochet.
Unlike soldiers who are solid and have a constant bonus (double hp + more leadership for nearby teammates) or even workers who have +40 % dodging, adventurers are exposed and can be KOed quite easily. An increase of overall resistance is not helpful because other tanks would deal infinitesimal damage (1-5) and a reduction of 99% of their damage is outrageos, especially when duelers will continue to deal a lot of damage. A cap for damage received is also not feasible, it kind of ruin Summer spirits set and also future sets that may increase damage further more. A decent solution is to reduce damage received. If you take (for example) over 500 damage, this damage should be decrease (for adventurers only!) with 15% (30% if you have premium) but it must not fall below the value of 500. What do you think? This way, you allow tanks to deal signifiant damage (not 1-5) and reduce damage output of duelers, increasing the chance of surviving.

I am waiting for your opinions and suggestions. Adventurer became an obsolete class recently. 0 advantages for duels, very bad bonus for fort battles and outdated bonus for works taking in consideration the bonuses of new sets. (150% money + 190% drop chance for fisherman set for example)

JustAMoment

Lance Corporal
Nah only thing that make sense in current meta and compared to bonuses of Soldier (lot of hp, worker a high dodge chance) would be make adventurer immune to critical hits. It would bring him back to game as blocker able to whitstand more and be able to contest the other classess. Thats my opinion.
But i think all of his bonuses need sligh % adjustments up, they are just useless with new sets on board for product/luck chance.
For duels it would be cool to see maybe something like duel on adventurer takes 15 minutes instead of 10 to atleast annoy others and basically keep adventurer as adventurer but still atleast have some kind of "bonus". :')
So basically

The chance to find a product when working a job is increased by 20%(40)
The chance to find an item during work is increased by 20%.(40)
The chance to get hurt while working a job is lowered by 15%(30)
In Fort battles Immune to critical hits. (Or having them reduced by 50%?)
Duels that are made against adventurer class takes slightly longer.
Free hotels (i think not needed)

Would still be a lot better than current COIN-FLIP if you are useable atleast for 2-3 rounds or not :') And still would keep Adventurer as kinda unique class.

Classes are being discussed over and over all the time. All classes need changes in my opinion and as other have said.

For example does it make sence for dueller/worker to be great for forts and soldier be god for duels? Nope!

We just have to wait till devs decide to open a thread were they ask our opinion about class changes. Untill then we just waste time.

Magyarcsoda

Reservist
The only issue with making adventurers immune to crits, you basically nerf duellers. You should think about a buff that isnt directly countering specifically an other class imo.

DeletedUser500

Well I've been thinking about the simplest solution that could be implemented, what if the chance for "ghosting" started after the 1st hit, instead of the 2nd, at the same 25/50% chance?
Hotel bonus could be changed to allow sleeping in level 5 hotels for free, or possibly even allowing sleep in un-owned forts.

Definitely the easiest adjustments possible to make.

I suppose the danger and drop bonuses are okay, changing them could change the PvE a lot, and besides the Soldier has weapon level requirement, the Dueller has speed and duel motivation (and opponent's clothing bonus in the duel window is , in my opinion, completely irrelevant unless you are a dueller who doesn't know what the duel sets do), and the Worker has reduced bank fees and increased experience - which all become obsolete in the late game.

I'd like to see all of the class bonuses modernised and not just adventures, although they are, by far, in the worst position of all the classes.

YopKsDG.png.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser500

I don't think anyone sleep in 2021.. with actual product drop sets consumables are so accesible.
Agreed I've not slept to regen for years, but sleeping in any fort could be especially useful for topping up HP before/after a fight or a duel and for offliner fort fighters, and I was thinking of what would be easy and quick to implement.

How about a passive regeneration bonus for Advent class, in place of the outdated sleep cheaper, then?

I don't think that as the OP suggests, changing the damage formula only for advents is a viable solution, we need a much wider approach to the damage formula, like the one we already tested then inexplicably ditched, some changes would be really nice though.

@lulumcnoob i think your suggestions would very much balance the adventurer class. :up:

Also if they cant make it possible to change class, it would be cool to at least have x number of perks for each class for one to choose and maybe add a potion in shop to reset those.
So one can choose if he want to be better at duels or forts or PvE
( Although i think that would be harder to implement :P )

DeletedUser500

Also if they cant make it possible to change class
Oh it's completely possible and I've seen mods manually changing player's classes during events, I just believe it hasn't happened both because the 4 classes have different amounts of available skill points in their class quest (which is an irrelevant excuse, and an error of design imo), and it might make a mess of the games' database (which is a bit more reasonable, but could probably be fixed with some effort and this never seemed to mess with the functionality of any world it's been done on before).

I think we need some class modernisations before we let people change classes though, otherwise it'll make things worse, looking like a terrible new generation world, as people choose the currently viable damage classes and abandon trying to play as tanks.

So one can choose if he want to be better at duels or forts or PvE
This is my dream version of The West for sure.