• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

DUEL REDUCTION POTION NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE

Do you agree with the current cost and application of the Duel Reduction Buff

• Total voters

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
The Duel reduction potion is 500 Bonds/Nuggets and can only be used every 7 days
The amount it reduces your Duel Level is an Insult considering the cost of it
If you use one and wait for 7 days to use another one, your level has increased to where it was before you used it, due to having to defend yourself
So it's a product of diminishing returns and is grossly overpriced and should be allowed to be used every 48 hours
Consequently it's just a money spinner for InnoGames, as opposed to a tool which was introduced to assist with dueling
I have been trying to reduce my Duel Level in Enewetak for the last 6 months and it's probably cost me over 5000 Bonds and my Duel Level is still over 200
Considering it's overwhelming cost, it should be based on dropping the overall level by a minimum of 5% per application of a Duel Reduction Buff
I worked out that it would cost me 10,000 Bonds and take over 6 months to get my Duel level from 420 to 200 not accounting for the duels I have to implement to retaliate

I used a Duel Reduction Potion this morning after waiting for a week
I was at Dueling Level 210 and the potion reduced it to Level 206
So 500 Bonds for 4 Levels is as insulting as it gets
I'm really thankful it wasn't 500 Nuggets

Don't get sucked into using those Duel Reduction Buffs until the Devs address the problem and have the courtesy to fix it

Whoever came up with the current Formula only has InnoGames's profit in mind and does absolutely nothing to help the community
It should be Lowering Dueling Level by 10% instead of Lowering Dueling Experience by 10%
I was the one who asked for it to be introduced and now I'm regretting it, as InnoGames are abusing it's application and will continue to do so

I have added the option for players to Change their Vote, if they didn't understand the question and you chose the incorrect option

Last edited:

ChickenMcGuy

Tombstone Sole Survivor
The West Team
Thank you for your suggestion, we will pass on results of poll after about a week, so you can have time share it to others for post their opinion and votes.

Deleted User - 117528

Totally agree with @The-Iceman . I can't duel bcs my duelling lvl it's too high and that potion doesen't really help me to reduct duelling lvl.

*Colonel*

Lance Corporal
What kind of Morons are happy with the current state of the Duel Reduction Potions to vote Yes when they know they are not fit for purpose?
Firstly i read your post. Then i read voting question „do you agree” and of course voted yes. Then i realized yes was actually no after reading the voting question few more times. Guess i’m not the only one.

never make a complicated voting question cuz such problems appear.

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
I have added the option for players to Change their Vote if they didn't understand the question and they chose the incorrect option
Did you guys even bother to read the choices of Yes or No ^^^
The question was:
Do you agree with the current cost and application of the Duel Reduction Buff
Are you actually telling me that you agree with InnoGames ripping everyone off by selling you a grossly overpriced Buff that is not fit for purpose?

Last edited:

Artem124

Sergeant
if your planning to drop your dueling lvl with the potion your best bet is too also drop your duel motivation as low as possible. so when you duel so much yes you will bring your dl back up.. but if you bring your duel motivation super low it will take longer to lvl up after that .. slow process but pays off.. tbh someone in az dropped faster by losing duels with a bible to lvl 150 then buying the potions :P

John Wick

Private First Class
@Al35ul CM @ChickenMcGuy

Why can't we just remove the duel level and base our range on the character level? So we no longer have this problem with the duel levels or any other potion in the future? Some may not like the idea, but dueling should not be considered a premium, but part of a game! Why should I, as a duelist, spend more nuggets for some potions than for example a person who play fort battles every 2nd day?
Active players need support and not be ripped off.. :hmf:

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
@Al35ul CM @ChickenMcGuy

Why can't we just remove the duel level and base our range on the character level? So we no longer have this problem with the duel levels or any other potion in the future? Some may not like the idea, but dueling should not be considered a premium, but part of a game! Why should I, as a duelist, spend more nuggets for some potions than for example a person who play fort battles every 2nd day?
Active players need support and not be ripped off.. :hmf:
This has been suggested before however, dueling levels are an important part of the game that mantain a good balance. I can say with certainty that removing duel levels is very unlikely to happen but I have passed on the suggestion of reducing the price of the mysterious potion.

Last edited:

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
I am really getting sick of you claiming that you have to maintain a good balance
I'm sorry but that is a load of complete hogwash and this proves it https://prnt.sc/13eubtb
I have no dueling targets whatsoever, so where is the balance for me?
Same again today https://prnt.sc/13h8b5b
I can name a bunch of players in the same situation as me
If you are going to consider the cost of the potion, also make it fit for purpose and increase it's effectiveness and admit you got it wrong
It should be Lowering Dueling Level by 10% instead of Lowering Dueling Experience by 10% and that's where this all began
If we exploit anything in this game we get punished, but if you do, it gets overlooked by you guys due to your greed

Last edited:

Rowdy Tcat

Reservist
@Al35ul CM @ChickenMcGuy

Oppressing the people who fund the game is not the right option. If you want to "balance it" it would be all cosmetic shop items with no premium accounts. It's impossible to balance with pay to win gear and premium benefits in dueling skills for some classes and not for others in a game. So perhaps why don't you guys try formulating a better balancing to the class bonuses for dueling and give non-premium players a few good sets besides the Lucky Clover set? At least create a thriving ecosystem that non-premium players bring more population while premium customers pay the bills. Along with a better dueling balance for levels at least. I think that would get it as close as possible with a pay to win style format to a game.

Also as long as I'm mentioning gear, why not bump the abilities and skills on all old event sets and sale them all in the item shop, At least rotate in and out so many at a time of the old sets updated in the shop so there is gear to be bought by new and seasoned players, instead of having a dead item shop. You can still do the seasonal and event sales. Class specific gear could be an option to helping the duels being more somewhat balanced. I just think you guys are killing this game by not giving more gear options in the item shops and more gear for free players. Then when you start over charging the people who got you to where you are with over priced items or short derations for items such as the duel reduction potion. Also name changes, class changes, character changes, and changing your craft would all be sweet items in the item shop. I think you have to take a more broader view on how to address ways of making money and gearing up free players a bit better than 1 dueling set, (LUCKY CLOVER SET). The-Iceman has a very strong point and has laid it out very well. I do think this game has a lot of room for making it even better in many ways by trying to make improvements and adding content.

Uchiha Madara

Master Sergeant
Also name changes, class changes, character changes, and changing your craft would all be sweet items in the item shop.
Honestly if you add these kind of items in the shop you will be richer than now , its not 100 or 200 players that actually want this but more than thousand of players , make a vote and actually see how many people would like items like that in the shop...Even if its only for 1 time it should be very good , maybe we got a wrong profession or character class , we SHOULD be able to change it at least once , everyone makes mistakes so dont come and say that you should read carefully what every character or every profession do. We can all have a second chance for something.

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Thank you for your feedback. We are already working in improving the old event items that do not scale per level however, I do not believe it will be possible to add these in the SHOP on sale - these can still be found on the market.

Honestly if you add these kind of items in the shop you will be richer than now , its not 100 or 200 players that actually want this but more than thousand of players , make a vote and actually see how many people would like items like that in the shop...Even if its only for 1 time it should be very good , maybe we got a wrong profession or character class , we SHOULD be able to change it at least once , everyone makes mistakes so dont come and say that you should read carefully what every character or every profession do. We can all have a second chance for something.
In most cases, if a player choses the wrong character class/profession class close to their respective availability levels (e.g. lvl 15. for classes and 20 for crafting) and contacts us immediately, it does happen that we can change this for them. However, we cannot offer changes to these features at later times.

The West means only duels ? Lower weapons level, and I'm okay with this. Put level 2 weapons maximum to upgrade, and I'll vote yes for this duel reduction potion. But no level (or level 1) weapons against players with level 4-5 weapons ? Well, NO potion duel reduction.

And another reason why I voted yes:
I am really getting sick of you claiming that you have to maintain a good balance

I want good balance. Balance on forts, on crafts, on duels, on items levels, and many other things...