• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Changelog 2.150 Discussion

Also hats give the least skill points in sets. Will you make all items give equal points or make it as before and make other items give more points?

*Colonel*

Lance Corporal
If you update old items each 2 weeks, and given amount of hats left to be upgraded ~~5 updates per item type.
Which means 10 weeks needed to upgrade whole line of items per type.

so we are left with necklaces, jackets, pants, belts and boots = 50 more weeks = 420 days.

are you sure there is no need to increase the update speed or to increase at least amount of items per update?

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
I wish.
But for what though?

"Hey, we are updating some more hats!" ?!

As far as I know there is 1 or 2 Devs at best anyhow.
And idk if he/they work full-time even.

DeletedUser500

Ironically, my understanding is that the developers don't have anything to do with the hats/chest re-balancing, and were constrained with what they could do with fb formulas, both in terms of not being allowed to change fundamental mechanics and with the fact that there's no checks or balances for new sets, and a new Union 2.0 Set (again the Developers don't make these sets) could come along at any point and ruin the balance again.

A 2021 DevBlog may well just be "Day 9000 of unplayable PvP - still not allowed to touch it. We updated some background catalogue to comply with new company regulations, again. Typing this blog was all the time we are allowed to work this week. Send Help".
What you actually want is a >roadmap<, a coherent plan for what the clothing rebalancing and other measures is going to achieve for the PvP scene.

Last edited by a moderator:

*Colonel*

Lance Corporal
Ironically, my understanding is that the developers don't have anything to do with the hats/chest re-balancing, and were constrained with what they could do with fb formulas, both in terms of not being allowed to change fundamental mechanics and with the fact that there's no checks or balances for new sets, and a new Union 2.0 Set (again the Developers don't make these sets) could come along at any point and ruin the balance again.

A 2021 DevBlog may well just be "Day 9000 of unplayable PvP - still not allowed to touch it. We updated some background catalogue to comply with new company regulations, again. Typing this blog was all the time we are allowed to work this week. Send Help".
What you actually want is a >roadmap<, a coherent plan for what the clothing rebalancing and other measures is going to achieve for the PvP scene.

Roadmap from devs for this year is a great idea. Let's make a vote for it, maybe we will be heared :whistle:

DeletedUser500

Regarding the hats...

Is there a coherent plan here or are we just randomly changing all early-game shop gear to be level based? Is this only going to benefit new worlds, although benefit is questionable as we are changing the entire game, or will sets be created with the shop gear to compete in established worlds with stable PvP where the vast majority of players actually play?

Are we going to have classic-style worlds where there's only shop gear + chests and no tombolas?

Basically I want to know if etriel is spending months upgrading all of the basic gear in the game specifically for 1 week of new world action, before a tombola makes it all obsolete, or is this part of a sweeping plan to make Duels and Forts (the Heart and Soul of the game) a viable gameplay activity again on the worlds that we actually play on? Because I'm not seeing the benefits at this stage.

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Regarding the hats...

Is there a coherent plan here or are we just randomly changing all early-game shop gear to be level based? Is this only going to benefit new worlds, although benefit is questionable as we are changing the entire game, or will sets be created with the shop gear to compete in established worlds with stable PvP where the vast majority of players actually play?

Are we going to have classic-style worlds where there's only shop gear + chests and no tombolas?

Basically I want to know if etriel is spending months upgrading all of the basic gear in the game specifically for 1 week of new world action, before a tombola makes it all obsolete, or is this part of a sweeping plan to make Duels and Forts (the Heart and Soul of the game) a viable gameplay activity again on the worlds that we actually play on? Because I'm not seeing the benefits at this stage.
Yes, all ''retro'' items will be changed eventually however, we do not have any plans to make a full move to a classic The West with no tombolas.

@Al35ul CM any news about posting again on devblog? Thanks.
Unfortunately, I do not believe the posting will start again however, I will be sure to ask :).