• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Traditional Pumpkin Hunt 2020 Discussion

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
If the %5 drop ratio is true (which is a bit too low), that would mean 100 jobs for 5 pumpkins in average, which should last about 30-35 minutes, give or take.
Then you use buffs etc.

So lets's go by that.
For example.. Fort Battle lasts about 45 mins-1 Hour in average, add arriving & filling Hp etc preparations so its over 1 hour.
You might as well die and need to fill Hp & Energy.. So lets scale rewards to what 2 hours in average would give.. Which is.. 20 pumpkins, in average.

But that'd mean.. 5 battles to finish the event :p
So maybe a little bit less, like 15? :)

Duels last 10 mins + arrival etc.. 1-2 pumpkin should do.

Adventures? Not sure about that one. Another 2, per?

Of course you can dig Awesomia to give, whatever the current Event drop, too.

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
If the %5 drop ratio is true (which is a bit too low), that would mean 100 jobs for 5 pumpkins in average, which should last about 30-35 minutes, give or take.
Then you use buffs etc.

So lets's go by that.
For example.. Fort Battle lasts about 45 mins-1 Hour in average, add arriving & filling Hp etc preparations so its over 1 hour.
You might as well die and need to fill Hp & Energy.. So lets scale rewards to what 2 hours in average would give.. Which is.. 20 pumpkins, in average.

That is a very good idea, I will pass it on :).

sam--

Reservist
On the other hand, having extra cash to earn could be a good thing, and thank you for that.

The concern being that it increases the prizes to be won. And it decreases the possibility of getting the pumpkins to get the items needed for the quest.

Good things sometimes have negative counterparts :p

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Quest items often abundant and cheap in market (at least for .Net servers) tho
Would rather have less drop of them

OneTouch

Private First Class
Terrible drop rate, didnt even try to collect all of them after finishing the quest. Totally waste of time.

Leones

Master Sergeant
Former Team Member
Then you use buffs etc.

So lets's go by that.

Fort battle rewards for flowers, hearts, etc. scale with the amount of participants, might as well do that for this too. Fort battles with more participants generally take longer.

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Please be aware that there is currently a bug with dropping the ''Ghost'' and ''Matches'' upon attempting to complete the new Pumpkin Hunt quest a second time. It has been reported and we are working on fixing it.

RaiderTr

Master Sergeant
Fort battle rewards for flowers, hearts, etc. scale with the amount of participants, might as well do that for this too. Fort battles with more participants generally take longer.
Well I kinda took the longest duration but meh idm either way.

Now imagine if Pumpkins (or whatever the next ones) dropping Chili/Booby trap too

I mean.. they are making most revenue from Fort Battle related things yet I don't feel like they are encouraging them enough.
Bonds, Xp (unless it was scaled via Level) and little bit of money ain't rewarding anymore. Besides they aren't balanced between all Classes and/or "Role"

We all have seen how big of a difference one single FF related quest does though (like during Coin event) though.

Last edited:

DeletedUser500

That's an interesting idea, what do you have in mind?
Yes, I was thinking the typical scaling fort battle system and occasionally from duels, but I don't know how to balance the drop-rate for duels relative to working - depends how much you want to encourage PvP (which may require buying HP and energy and motivation) vs encouraging working (which may require buying energy and motivation).
Adventures too, why not. Chance to drop alongside your VP, maybe some people will queue during clicky events.

These PvP elements are the actual fun parts of the game, the parts that keep new and returning players alike around, and I think we should be improving and encouraging players to participate in them at every possible opportunity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
Yes, I was thinking the typical scaling fort battle system and occasionally from duels, but I don't know how to balance the drop-rate for duels relative to working - depends how much you want to encourage PvP (which may require buying HP and energy and motivation) vs encouraging working (which may require buying energy and motivation).
Adventures too, why not. Chance to drop alongside your VP, maybe some people will queue during clicky events.

These PvP elements are the actual fun parts of the game, the parts that keep new and returning players alike around, and I think we should be improving and encouraging players to participate in them at every possible opportunity.
I've already passed on this idea. This may be added for future events.

quis

Private First Class
horrible drop rate for the pumpkins. Also for the collector cards. Already found nearly 60 pumpkins after around 1240 finished jobs, but NO collector card until now. with this drop rate of the collector cards I should have at least 2 cards...

Al35ul CM

Shadow City Guardian
Former Team Member
The collector card will be in the SHOP soon, thus giving you a chance to purchase any missing ones. I have pass on the feedback regarding the low drop rate :).

DeletedUser500

pumpkin drop rate is incredible low. There is no fun at all to click on thousands of jobs for 100 pumpkins.....

drop rate was much better in previous events.....
Grinding is never fun but sometimes necessary for game mechanical reasons, when the rewards justify the effort, which they do not in this case, in this player's opinion. Add on a global experience or cash bonus and we have ourselves a decent grinding event.
Conversely, there's no biomechanical dopamine hit if you do 100 jobs and get 100 drops.
Hopefully in the future PvP elements will be considered too, so we don't have to play the game in a way we do not wish to, in order to participate in the new content.

Last edited by a moderator:
there is still a big difference between of drop rate of maybe 10-20% which stiil means doing a lot of 15sec jobs and the current state of a drop rate of estimated (felt) of smaller than 1%.
such events shall require additional efforts, but not clicking on the computer non-stop for several days......