• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Update 2.100 discussion

DeletedUser4213

Since it seems that the public beta is the only testing that gets done [or else the in house testing is really incompetent] I can understand some bugs from time to time, However bugs do seem to be an ongoing issue with each and every quest lately. Including repeatables.
The thing that I find really annoying is that the bugs don't get fixed before the quests go to the regular worlds, and they have to wait around for a later update, even when the fix has been applied in beta..
Beta isnt the only testing... buy yeah ... sometimes they even copy known issues and releasing them on beta ... :D

DeletedUser500

Imagine if the sacred release schedule was relaxed slightly and updates weren't put on production servers before they're both ready and substantial enough to be considered an update.

How many damn quests are in the game now? And how many are even worth doing for the skill points, 10-20%?

This whole "2.100" non-update thing is really disappointing, especially knowing what 3.0 could have been if the schedule wasn't pointlessly fixed and rammed through the semi-QA stage with the force of a thousand stars.

DeletedUser3671

Beta isnt the only testing...
It is. Releasing a quest before beta just to tick the box "everything works" hardly qualifies as testing. Actually, beta has become yet another regular market since management no longer thinks reported bugs should be fixed in beta stage.

Releasing such uninteresting quests speaks volumes about their care and understanding of The West, and it did not end well for the ones who criticized this terrible management. But I must say there are still some people who are trying to make a difference (praise stayawayknight and the current de team). I guess I'm both grateful and embarassed to see some of them take on other people's work.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser500

Actually, beta has become yet another regular market since management no longer thinks reported bugs should be fixed in beta stage.
Which is exactly why I no longer play on Beta, it's just another server with an even bigger pay-to-win gap due to cheap nuggets.
it did not end well for the ones who criticized this terrible management
Which is exactly why is says Former Team Member under my name, bugs don't get fixed, new features don't get passed to developers and tombola feedback is ignored to the point we currently have 15k tanks in battles lasting one round on point. God help the InnoGames employee telling them this however.
praise stayawayknight and the current de team
I'm glad stayawayknight is still around, he was MVP from what I remember :D

There's still remnants of the amazing game that was The West, under all the pay-to-win gambling as the main game-play mechanic to improve your PVP ability, but it's becoming further and further away from a game and closer to gambling with poorly written quests that are supposed to keep you interested in between. Every update is a broken quest, a new cosmetic feature and a couple of fixes for bugs introduced in the previous updates. Where in the Seven Hells does the money this game makes go, I wonder.

To the LCM (not that she'll ever read these forums): Please stop trying to bring new pointless things and work on making the game's PVP aspects playable in the current state instead? Those are what keep customers coming back, not a new 12-part quest with no reward.
Part of me really wishes for a new International Fort Battle Championship just so you have to be forced to notice the problems we deal with daily while you give no consideration to them.

Also Leones, I'm sorry for turning every feedback thread into a development bashing exercise, but you've also read the change-logs too, so can you blame me? :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4213

It is. Releasing a quest before beta just to tick the box "everything works" hardly qualifies as testing. Actually, beta has become yet another regular market since management no longer thinks reported bugs should be fixed in beta stage.

Releasing such uninteresting quests speaks volumes about their care and understanding of The West, and it did not end well for the ones who criticized this terrible management. But I must say there are still some people who are trying to make a difference (praise stayawayknight and the current de team). I guess I'm both grateful and embarassed to see some of them take on other people's work.

We both know that there are other worlds (not on Beta) for testing new content ... and yes for quests it is true that someone just ticks the box for "everything works" - i mean it says everything works for the new quest ... but we saw that it isnt true ... for example the easter event was tested ... there were some known issues ... even befor it was added on beta ... but they didnt get fixed... So yes beta isnt the only world(server) for testing...

DeletedUser3671

If your point is that new content is released somewhere before beta, then yes. You're wrong if you think new quests and events are actually tested there.
the easter event was tested
Was it though ? As one of the 2 volunteers who happened to report some bugs about that event, I guess I'm probably more able than most to answer that question ;). Anyway, this concludes it all.
but they didnt get fixed

DeletedUser1406

... did not end well for the ones who criticized this terrible management.
Which is exactly why is says Former Team Member under my name
Yikes. You should check some reviews on InnoGames from former employees :p.

Honestly amazed you guys are still here. No, wait. I'm amazed you guys are still trying to do something good for this game.

The game's been in a stale state for years now. You're stuck in an infinite loop, where you get `better and better` tamboola items every 2-3 months (waiting for the 1337 sword or brown tie to get underpowered).
You're stuck getting broken items/quests delivered every 2nd week and it looks like there's no initiative to change that.
Whoever's in charge now (I mean we know who she is) probably received some guidelines made 10 years and and it's too afraid to change anything. If the holy book of rules say we make a new deployment every 2nd week, then we better follow it! I mean yeah nothing might work and we deliver zero value to the client, but hey, we must follow the guide! (Agile ftw!)

It's been like this for years, do you really think anything will change? :p.

</passive-aggresive-rant>

For the record, he left a few months ago but I couldn't not mention his name and it seems he left his position in good hands !

Doesn't matter who took his position, really :p. It won't change much, if anything.
And again ......... a questline including bug released on regular servers :( , unbelieveable , why do we need a beta server ???

A donkey does not hit the same stone twice , InnoGames does that over and over again :D
We have a beta server so InnoGames can collect input regarding game items and quests, and make sure their clients are happy when they eventually hit live servers. /s