• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Update 2.63 discussion

Town ranking
All infinite level buildings (e.g. the church) will count their points as stage * base points instead of total points.

Still don't understand... What do you mean by "as stage * base points" ?
Got 92.600 town points, all buildings constructed to last level. Church is at level 194, with 18020 / 19500.

DeletedUser3981

What a stupid action is this you destroy the game by making duelling overpowerd to rank up town THIS is how players quit and THIS is the reason why people don't pay for nuggets by this kind of actions

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
I find it amazing that our town has done 14450 hours of Church Construction and our church is at Level 328 yet we have dropped to 3rd place because the Abyss Church is at level 153 and has more dueling points which has sod all to do with the town building level
How does 130k duel points in THE ABYSS trump 14450 Hours of Church Construction in My town (Isn't The Abyss your town Leones?)
How can you even compare them? :( :( :(
That is incredible unfair and you know it
Dueling and Fort points should not have anything to do with the Town Level as it should be Church Construction only
But that will never happen, as god forbid you would upset Kylejames
Wait until you see how many more players quit after this debacle
I'm convinced If 500 players complained about this change, it wouldn't be put back to the way it was
I know that this is the final straw for me :(

Last edited:

DeletedUser3460

I personally like the new ranking system for towns, hopefully the ranks on the profile pages get a revamp as well which incorporate Duel Points, Fort Points, Craft Points as well as XP.

ChickenMcGuy

Tombstone Sole Survivor
The West Team
For me this update is okay, I understand why someone like it or dislike it. I like town points changes because maybe more people will do duels or fort fights so some multiplayer elements have more fun. I hope MPI will get some ranking, and maybe in the future will be add in to town's points. I understand why some people not like this update, because they work hard building church. I know maybe hard to do it, but can make some shorting at town ranking list or other lists? Like shortened by building points, shortened by duel points, fort points etc. Maybe some of upset people and other will agree this idea.

Last edited:

DeletedUser500

What a stupid action is this you destroy the game by making duelling overpowerd to rank up town THIS is how players quit and THIS is the reason why people don't pay for nuggets by this kind of actions
The aim of this change was to balance construction, forts and duelling. Nothing was buffed, construction points were just nerfed to bring them in line with the rest. If you think that it's right that a one man town can be in the top 5 on town rankings because of construction alone, then I don't know what i can say to enlighten you,

I find it amazing that our town has done 14450 hours of Church Construction and our church is at Level 328 yet we have dropped to 3rd place because the Abyss Church is at level 153 and has more dueling points which has sod all to do with the town building level
I think you're confused about what the points column in town rankings actually is, it's the sum of all of the other columns (minus the number of players in the town), this change was meant to balance the points gained from the three main sources of town points; town construction, duelling and fort points. Which i believe it has done perfectly.

Isn't The Abyss your town Leones?
The Abyss was my town before it died, Leones doesn't even have a hat. Are you sure you're not just throwing a tantrum because this change negatively effects you personally in the town rankings? Try to see it as a bigger picture where it benefits everyone.

Dueling and Fort points should not have anything to do with the Town Level as it should be Church Construction only
Well I simply disagree with this statement in its entirety, PvP aspects of the game should be worth much more than PvE aspects in my opinion.

Wait until you see how many more players quit after this debacle
Maybe one, if you quit. I imagine the rest of the full-time builders who add absolutely no value to the game will find something else to do, like duelling, or fort fighting.

hopefully the ranks on the profile pages get a revamp as well which incorporate Duel Points, Fort Points, Craft Points as well as XP.
I hope MPI will get some ranking, and maybe in the future will be add in to town's points.
This is actually a nice idea, I wonder if it will be possible though, because we don't have much space on the town ranking page for additional columns.

I like the new update. Players talk about dueling points. Well, if you have maximum members, you will get many points.
And I agree with:
If you think that it's right that a one man town can be in the top 5 on town rankings because of construction alone, then I don't know what i can say to enlighten you
I still don't understand why many players just build church all day, all week, all month...

DeletedUser4009

But that will never happen, as god forbid you would upset Kylejames

His town was still #1 before the change. This changes nothing for him.

foscock

Private
Let's have an update to roll back this idiotic Bavarian set. Thanks for totally making Outlaw set useless.

Vid

Reservist
If you think that it's right that a one man town can be in the top 5

lrzmh2I.jpg

Number of members should be more important in towns rank :)
And dueling points about 180k with only 216 duels?

DeletedUser4412

This update was totally ridiculous when it comes to ranking cities, the thousands of hours and money / nugget spent in sets, to improve the city church, were simply thrown in the trash.

DeletedUser3460

Will the Holiday Belt be dropped into our inventories for completing the Oktoberfest in the USA questline? At the time of completing the questline there were no rewards offered other than a title and a achievement but I notice the Holiday Belt now offered as the final reward.

DeletedUser4410

I really like this novelty. it is much more logical on a western game that the ranking of the city depends essencially on duels and forts. The construction gave too much a middle age with its constructor of cathedral to the game. One returns to the fundamentals of the game