• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

New forum design

• Thread starter DeletedUser4054
  • Start date

DeletedUser4054

I like this new design at forum on beta . I hope to find on another forums .net , .ro the same design.
Is much realistic. Good work,Steff !

DeletedUser1406

Hehe, cheers, but I didn't come up w/ the design :p. Hopefully the other forums will be updated #soon.

DeletedUser3990

I don´t know at the moment whether I like it or not o_O
where are all the Bug-Reports with answers gone ??
I can´t find a wa through new Forum at the moment :annoyed:

DeletedUser1406

I don´t know at the moment whether I like it or not o_O
where are all the Bug-Reports with answers gone ??
I can´t find a wa through new Forum at the moment :annoyed:
Well, we couldn't keep the bug tracker (sadly)... I came up w/ an alternative tho'. You can use these subforums: HERE
You also have some instructions on how to report bugs HERE

DeletedUser3990

:(:(
for thats all very difficult I will ask here:
when can we hope that the Bug from Quest THE COLCORD will be fixed??

DeletedUser3230

Absolutlely hate it.

Too much emty space -
too hard to read fast what is new.
Too much "my little pony" and facebook.

Why dont you just fix the game and make it into a game again instead of something you pay to win - dont fix what does not need fixing - that will not change anything.

NB - Never ever going to vote "like" on something, unless I also have the option to press that I dont like :p Not even if it is something I love - It feels too much like manipulation.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1406

Good style but everything changed and we need to learn this forum from the beginning. I think you can find a more intermediate solution. New feeling but old format.
Well, it takes a while to get used to new things :P
Absolutlely hate it.

Not surprised.
Too much "my little pony"
That just makes no sense.
Too much emty space -
There's a button that can make the forums wider and cover some of the "empty space"
You literally have two sections where you can find all the new posts. One on the main page and one here
NB - Never ever going to vote "like" on something, unless I also have the option to press that I dont like :p Not even if it is something I love - It feels too much like manipulation.
That would explain why you never like anything.

DeletedUser4054

Absolutlely hate it.

Too much emty space -
Too much "my little pony" and facebook.

Why dont you just fix the game and make it into a game again instead of something you pay to win - dont fix what does not need fixing - that will not change anything.

hater.... ;)

stayawayknight

Reservist
All in all the design is fine, in my opinion. Of course, I will need some time to get used to it.

However, I do not really like the black bar at the top of the page.

My suggestion:
Change the color of this bar to the background color of the main page and change the font color to black:

f7edee0c500b40c892ac7b8695cb05b3.png
Code:
#moderatorBar {
    background-color: #e9ddbc;
    font-size: 11px;
    height: 42px;
    line-height: 30px;
}

#QuickSearchQuery {
    background: #e9ddbc none repeat scroll 0 0;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #000000;
    color: #000000 !important;
}

#searchBar::after {
    border: 0 none;
    color: #000000;
    content: ""; /* Magnifier icon */
    font-family: "icomoon";
    font-size: 23px;
    position: absolute;
    right: -4px;
    top: -14px;
}

.textCtrl::-moz-placeholder {
}

Furthermore, the login button was very hard to find (at the end of the page). Would it be possible to add a login button near the "Sign up" link on the right-hand side?

DeletedUser1406

All in all the design is fine, in my opinion. Of course, I will need some time to get used to it.

My suggestion:
Change the color of this bar to the background color of the main page and change the font color to black:

Code:
#moderatorBar {
}

#QuickSearchQuery {
}

}

}

Furthermore, the login button was very hard to find (at the end of the page). Would it be possible to add a login button near the "Sign up" link on the right-hand side?
We'll see what we can do about it :P

LE: the top bar has been changed :p

On the subject of color scheme. I don't much care for the pink beige shade that is the background of each post. I know there was some of this in the old forum [didn't like it there either] but there wasn't so much of it. Perhaps an option to see the forum in different colors? personally I prefer shades of blue to shades of pink with brown, but anything less pink would be nice to me.

DeletedUser1406

On the subject of color scheme. I don't much care for the pink beige shade that is the background of each post. I know there was some of this in the old forum [didn't like it there either] but there wasn't so much of it. Perhaps an option to see the forum in different colors? personally I prefer shades of blue to shades of pink with brown, but anything less pink would be nice to me.
Uhm. I guess they're trying to keep a west-esque theme w/ the forum. If you suggest an exact color and it looks nice we might change it.

My suggestion:

Code:
#moderatorBar {
}

#QuickSearchQuery {
}

}

}

Coming back on this subject, the top bar has been changed for now. We haven't moved the login button tho'. We haven't added an extra one as we found it redundant to have multiple login buttons :p. It's not that hard to get used to it's position. Eventually you can mark the option that won't sign you out after some time.

stayawayknight

Reservist
LE: the top bar has been changed :p
Great, thank you!

Edit: Does somebody know what the use of this button is? It is located between the large image on the top of the main page and the body of the forum.
2451c58edfaa43f89bc4cf484fc4d838.png
When I click on it, I get an error alert: "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."
I assume that this is not the logout button I am looking for... :p

Last edited:

DeletedUser1406

Great, thank you!

Edit: Does somebody know what the use of this button is? It is located between the large image on the top of the main page and the body of the forum.
2451c58edfaa43f89bc4cf484fc4d838.png
When I click on it, I get an error alert: "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."
I assume that this is not the logout button I am looking for... :p
A button that was supposed to be removed but it wasn't :p. Don't worry about it.

DeletedUser4054

It took me minutes to find the login button. I would highly recommend to add another big login button somewhere on the top instead of only on the bottom bar.

Joony have right. I spent a few minutes to find the login button.