• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

xShteff's Beta Script Collection.

DeletedUser1406

This is a thread where I'll be posting some of my UserScripts, since apparently not all of you have an account on the International forums.

Try to keep the discussions in a constructive manner, no trolling or flaming.

DeletedUser1406

Since a new tamboola™ was announced here not too long ago, I believe it's the right time to release something I and Diggo have been working on for the past few weeks. What is it? Well, it's pretty much a replacement for the already existing TW-Friends userscript.

After installing the script, if there's a tamboola™ running, you'll see a new counter that'll allow you to open a window from where you can send currency to your friends, see how many currency the friend sent to you and all the timestamps of him doing so.

Here's how the whole thing looks like:

b172b4e0d7.jpg

Now you might ask me, "Why make something that's already there and it's working?". Well indeed the old script is indeed working (more or less), but it is coded in such way that it will send a request to the server every 2 minutes.

Why is that bad? Well imagine few hundred of people having the old script installed and sending an useless request every 2 minutes. That'll make the servers lag AND make your browser freeze at the same time every time it sends the request, and I don't think anyone wants that.

Any kind of feedback/suggestions is appreciated. Also bugs/errors/mistakes should be reported here preferably.

Script link: https://xshteff.github.io/TW-Best-Friends/tw-best-friends.user.js

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3460

Nice job on the script, a unrelated question, whose account is that where the screenshot was taken from? 2 comma's just visible in the nugget section, 9 digit nugget account, more impressive than the script!

Snr Sarg

Lance Corporal
nice script Schteff, have installed it to replace the other version that interrogates the server every 2 minutes, makes complete sense to me.

Could I make one little request though, could you make it so that the list can be sorted by the columns, I like to sort in order of eggs received and/or alphabetical order if looking for a particular friend

DeletedUser1406

nice script Schteff, have installed it to replace the other version that interrogates the server every 2 minutes, makes complete sense to me.

Could I make one little request though, could you make it so that the list can be sorted by the columns, I like to sort in order of eggs received and/or alphabetical order if looking for a particular friend

Sorting has been one of the highest requested features apparently :p. I'll see what I can do.

Snr Sarg

Lance Corporal
hmm, my mate (in real life) has just told me that your script shows that I have not sent her any eggs at all - I know for a fact I've sent them on each of the two days, can you have a look into that?

I've been deleting friends who appeared to have sent nothing, I now realise I may have done so in error

DeletedUser1406

hmm, my mate (in real life) has just told me that your script shows that I have not sent her any eggs at all - I know for a fact I've sent them on each of the two days, can you have a look into that?

I've been deleting friends who appeared to have sent nothing, I now realise I may have done so in error

Uhm that's kinda hard to look into as this is the first time I heard about the issue. Is she playing on beta? Can you tell me her username?

DeletedUser199

do we have to wait between clicks like in the other friend script ??

DeletedUser500

I can get all 84 people on my friend list in like 5 seconds with no freezing, but I've heard people that have more friends freeze up near the end.

DeletedUser1406

I can get all 84 people on my friend list in like 5 seconds with no freezing, but I've heard people that have more friends freeze up near the end.

Well, you can do that on the public beta server as there's no flood protection afaik. If you're planning to spam click on a regular server then I suggest you don't.
As I said on the international forums, I could add some kind of timer that would block you from triggering the flood protection, but I'll think about it.

DeletedUser3409

I could make a request, however, you could make it so that the list can be sorted by columns, I would like to rank in order of eggs received and/or alphabetical order if you're looking for a special friend

DeletedUser

Maybe you can add a column 'Send Reminder' that whispers/Telegrams a friend who 'forgot' to send.

DeletedUser1406

Maybe you can add a column 'Send Reminder' that whispers/Telegrams a friend who 'forgot' to send.
As in open a telegram composer for you or actually send a message to your friend?

DeletedUser

From my experience, a whisper has better results than an PM. Right now I have to check if someone's online, then whisper them. It would be a lot easier if something like this was implemented:

Code:
if (friendOnline) {
  open_new_whisper;
  // instant response is always better ofcourse
}
else {
  open_telegram_composer;
  //  optional default message
  //
  //  hey friendname,
  //  could you please send me some free stuff regarding 'eventname'.
  //  kind regards,
  // 
  //  playername
}

I don't know how spammy a default message would be, but then again, people should just be sending stuff without a reminder :D