• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

When do you exploit a bug ??

The-Iceman

Staff Sergeant
I got banned for an exploit because Diggo11 never even bothered to check who reported it
When I sent him a support message stating it was me, he lifted the ban
When I asked for an apology he refused

Now here is a situation that happened recently
One of the events was supposed to increase the BRIBE from 50 Nuggets to 100 Nuggets to 200 and FINALLY to 400 Nuggets, as a higher level was achieved by BRIBING
However the BRIBE never went past 100 as the event was bugged and was shamelessly exploited by hundreds of players
Not 1 player was punished, go figure
I'm sure you all know why :)
I think they call that double standards

DeletedUser1406

So you abused a bug (against the rules even on beta), got threatened with a ban, and now refuse to report bugs?

Wouldn't that get him uhm... banned? Then, he will probably complain that he got banned for abusing a bug he refused to report.

DeletedUser500

Wouldn't that get him uhm... banned? Then, he will probably complain that he got banned for abusing a bug he refused to report.

Dunno, he said he did it over 100 times but never got banned, just a vague warning on the forum thread.

DeletedUser1406

Dunno, he said he did it over 100 times but never got banned, just a vague warning on the forum thread.

But he kinda did report the issue on the forums, or he gave some kind of feedback/confirmation over the issue. That could be why he wasn't banned :P

DeletedUser3679

So you abused a bug (against the rules even on beta), got threatened with a ban, and now refuse to report bugs?
I refuse to report bugs because I have another understanding of the sense of a BETA than InnoGames ;)
For InnoGames it is just another money world but not a beta for testing. Otherwise there would be no banning at all. So no need for me to help InnoGames furthermore by reporting anything.

Leones

Master Sergeant
Former Team Member
I'd imagine that banning because of bug abuse is precisely because you can purchase nuggets here. If you buy €80 worth of nuggets for some in-game benefits and a few weeks later someone else can achieve the same benefits by using an exploit without any repercussions, would you consider that fair?

Perhaps the rules would be different if there was no money involved at all, but there is.

Sure, you can test things on this world, but don't expect us to believe that completing a quest 100 times in a row is meaningful testing, when it should've been an obvious bug after at most 5 times.

DeletedUser3679

Sure, you can test things on this world, but don't expect us to believe that completing a quest 100 times in a row is meaningful testing, when it should've been an obvious bug after at most 5 times.
Indeed, it is a meaningful testing. Maybe you remember the bug a few years ago which you could use 100 times only ;) I think for the devs it should be important to know whether you can repeat a bug certain times only or endless.

DeletedUser3951

When will the fix for a bug I reported around 2 years ago, which have been reported as resolved at least twice, find it way into the game? It is stille there, you still can't search the (not so)new(anymore) clothes based on attribute or skill.

A simple little thing like that is a great reason why I can't be bothered to report bugs I find... you aren't going to fix it anyways, since no cash is to be earned by the fix... you'll just say it is resolved, and hope people find something new to focus on.

Beta are NOT testservers, they are CASHCOWS! No other game I've ever tested (and there have been quite a few in the last 20+ years) have had cash options on testservers, since they were used for testing, and the testers actually got information on what developers would like tested, and they listened to the feedback :whistle: But InnoGreed don't really care, they just want some cash.

Why not just admit that The West is dead, and get it over with?

DeletedUser500

No other game I've ever tested (and there have been quite a few in the last 20+ years) have had cash options on testservers, since they were used for testing, and the testers actually got information on what developers would like tested, and they listened to the feedback

We actually have a chance to do some testing soon with the fort battle changes. Will require more cooperation than I think we're capable of without admin help... but for the first time ever, we can test actually something, and give feedback straight to developers (hopefully they will join us ingame too, i'm sure Diggo will, at least).

catalin1994

Private
I got banned for an exploit because Diggo11 never even bothered to check who reported it
When I sent him a support message stating it was me, he lifted the ban
When I asked for an apology he refused

Now here is a situation that happened recently
One of the events was supposed to increase the BRIBE from 50 Nuggets to 100 Nuggets to 200 and FINALLY to 400 Nuggets, as a higher level was achieved by BRIBING
However the BRIBE never went past 100 as the event was bugged and was shamelessly exploited by hundreds of players
Not 1 player was punished, go figure
I'm sure you all know why :)
I think they call that double standards

you scared me ! lol think you got again ban , but hope permanently :) :lol:

DeletedUser3230

I'd imagine that banning because of bug abuse is precisely because you can purchase nuggets here. If you buy €80 worth of nuggets for some in-game benefits and a few weeks later someone else can achieve the same benefits by using an exploit without any repercussions, would you consider that fair?

Perhaps the rules would be different if there was no money involved at all, but there is.

Something need to be changed then.

If a bug involves spending nuggets players are not punished for exploiting, no matter that they have a big advantage out of it. But if the bug gives a very small advantage,- so small that it has no meaning, but no nuggets are involved you ban players for 3- 6 days?

For me it makes no sense. You need to get some clear guidelines and find out what you are doing. Starting by apologizing to the players who was banned this time and start fresh with clear rules and definitions.

DeletedUser3951

Something need to be changed then.

If a bug involves spending nuggets players are not punished for exploiting, no matter that they have a big advantage out of it. But if the bug gives a very small advantage,- so small that it has no meaning, but no nuggets are involved you ban players for 3- 6 days?

For me it makes no sense. You need to get some clear guidelines and find out what you are doing. Starting by apologizing to the players who was banned this time and start fresh with clear rules and definitions.

Makes perfekt sense:
- If InnoGreed earn money it is not an exploit.
- If InnoGreed don't earn money it is an exploit.
Simple matter of greedcontrol :mad:

DeletedUser3127

what about the Scarlett quest - ?? any news , feedback or else ?
please advise !

Olga said things right on her first post.
The second matter regarding the bug in DTD , I could not benefit from that !
I wanted to get items and reach level 5 , but did not have the $ !

last remark:
The first thing you learn in management and finance books is how to make a company profitable ! nothing is free in the world

Last edited by a moderator: