• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Job Time Reduction Feedback Thread

DeletedUser

If you think we've got it wrong then we'd love to hear what changes you'd recommend.

Just cancel the stupid idea of the new premium feature.

Instead of thinking about new premium features InnoGames should have the focus on fixing all the bugs in the game and to work on their roadmap ;)

exactly.
the point is, if something is purchasable, it will be bought. InnoGames knows that, that's why they install the feature.

lets look at it this way:
70 nuggets seems expensive, but if it was too expensive, noone would use it
=> no money for InnoGames
=> wasted development time
=> InnoGames loses money
=> but InnoGames wants to get money
=> it will get cheaper
=> it will be used
=> game will be ruined even more

doesn't matter how you look at it, it always ends with a ruined game for most peoople.

DeletedUser

pay-4-win

u dont like a good game, you just want to milk the rest of the cow

DeletedUser3843

I won't write a novel regarding this feature just cause i can.. but I'll just say for the people's and God's sake don't implement this feature outside beta. This will widen the gap between premium and non-premium players beyond the limits, be it on the exp, cash, or product count.

In other words, it will ruin the game for all players, non-prem players immediately, and premium players on the long-term cause people will just keep quitting and they won't have any competition.

DeletedUser3957

@ Chief Gall : the announcement mentions a premium feature to shorten jobs only, not duels...

DeletedUser2888

I don't like the idea. It will completely ruin the little balance in the game we have left.
But if you want to implement something like this, make it a little different perhaps: Instead of paying nuggets to finish the job immediately it would be better if you could pay to reduce the job time by 50% just like with the moving time (with the 5 nuggets). Of course, the cost should be more than 5 nugs :)

DeletedUser

I think this is another bad idea .... InnoGames need to make THE-WEST MORE Interesting

If you really want people to use nuggets... you need to think Bigger... New Events/Functions .. is better than Tweaking old stuff
The game needs more functions... for the DIFFERENT players STYLES on the west
You have the Fort Fights for the people that love that aspect of the game
You have the Quests for people that love to follow good stories.. and live mainly for that
InnoGames did a good thing introducing Crafts... takes more activity.. gathering goods & making stuff & buffs
Another thoughtful idea came with the Adventure Battles .. was fun.. but seems Fizzled out ?
Poker was introduced.. never took off... hope more changes are made to Adventures to get it going again
Maybe you should have a standby of 2 people.. in case disconnections happen
Even add a boot button .. so when 2 or 3 people agree that someone is spoiling fun by :mad: .. should help lol

But my MAIN reason for this post... is the very reason this game started ... DUELING (though mine was for FF's)
Does InnoGames not see an opportunity to make nuggets by Spicing up the Game.. for Duelers
Its also a way to get duelers dueling other duelers.. instead of Workers/Advents/FF's ... aka.. Weaklings
This ALWAYS upsets non-dueling players.. it chases people from the game..
Give Duelers an Awesome Distraction.. where they can Challenge other DUELERS

How does the saying go: "Some choose to be blind" ? InnoGames.. Say it isn't so :confused:
Making the game more INTERESTING.. will bring more Players ... more Players = More NUGGETS
Don't drain the have's against the have not's.. and unbalance the game even more @ the same time

Anyway... here was my suggestion... if not approved.. give us something else !!

It was voted on & Passed to Devlopement ... What happened ? http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=52840

SgGC1V3.png

Again... back onto topic... Bad Idea.. since it favours Nuggets but not Bonds ;)
If NUGGETS is the best InnoGames can come up with... I've played all they had to offer & bored .. so then time to move on :(

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
exactly.
the point is, if something is purchasable, it will be bought. InnoGames knows that, that's why they install the feature.
It's definitely not as simple as that; the use of various premium options in the game varies wildly depending on the cost vs benefit. It's the reason why set with no name chests don't sell like hotcakes at one end and why we don't have 2000 sp characters running around at the other. It's also the reason why two premiums were removed from the game recently, change avatar and instant town join. For all the things that can be said about it, the price of 70 nuggets was actually chosen in an attempt to balance desirability and preventing overuse, which you can bet will be monitored closely.

DeletedUser3951

It's definitely not as simple as that; the use of various premium options in the game varies wildly depending on the cost vs benefit. It's the reason why set with no name chests don't sell like hotcakes at one end and why we don't have 2000 sp characters running around at the other. It's also the reason why two premiums were removed from the game recently, change avatar and instant town join. For all the things that can be said about it, the price of 70 nuggets was actually chosen in an attempt to balance desirability and preventing overuse, which you can bet will be monitored closely.

The simple thing is that is however you try to defend it, is just another Pay2Win feature, making an already too easy game easier.
They should focus on making the game challenging again instead. Main reason I hear from people quitting: The game have become way too easy, all you have to do is pay.

And with this feature, one of the few good challenges left, getting the Bored Cowboy title, is becoming wothless, since you can just pay for it now, sure it will be expensive, but it still corrupts the purpose of the title.

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
That it's a backwards step to make the game easier is indeed a thing you can say about it :p Never cared much for titles though personally, interface clutter.

DeletedUser3679

For all the things that can be said about it, the price of 70 nuggets was actually chosen in an attempt to balance desirability and preventing overuse, which you can bet will be monitored closely.
That it's a backwards step to make the game easier is indeed a thing you can say about it :p
Open speaking, why are you asking for feedback and recommended changes by the community if the decision is already fallen and you just dealing about the final nugget price?
The given feedback shows clearly that the community is not interested in the new premium feature!

DeletedUser

I don't like the idea. It will completely ruin the little balance in the game we have left.
But if you want to implement something like this, make it a little different perhaps: Instead of paying nuggets to finish the job immediately it would be better if you could pay to reduce the job time by 50% just like with the moving time (with the 5 nuggets). Of course, the cost should be more than 5 nugs :)

I quite agree with this, or the shaman option would be a good improvement of this feature.

I'd quite happy to know about the other roadmap plans or the new Q2 roadmap :)

Deleted User - 40

Hi,

we spent a lot of thinking on whether halving or instant finishing is better and there are a couple of pros and cons for both ways. Why do you think halving would be better?
In the end you can get the same result if you want to but it requires more clicks.
The biggest advantage of halving is that it'd be cheaper and players who just want to save some time and not spend too much money, could use the halving.

DeletedUser3689

Hi,

we spent a lot of thinking on whether halving or instant finishing is better and there are a couple of pros and cons for both ways. Why do you think halving would be better?
In the end you can get the same result if you want to but it requires more clicks.
The biggest advantage of halving is that it'd be cheaper and players who just want to save some time and not spend too much money, could use the halving.

i think they are both horrible ideas that one of which will be implemented. i play on .Net and have bought something like 150k nuggets or more in my time. Not the most, but far from the least and personally i would never use this feature. It and the other price gouging features added over the last few years have done nothing but make me spend less and less and less. I spent more on the game 3 years ago opening steel and premium chests trying to get named rare items... Clearly InnoGames makes a lot more cash now as a whole, but they are not addressing the game play that is tanking, lacking, and becoming redundant

DeletedUser3460

Is it really such a big advantage? Currently you can purchase products directly, use Premium Income to increase your wages and luck value by 50%, I don't see how the Job Reduction premium feature will increase the disparity between rich and poor all that greatly. What's the most XP a Gold Job awards? 1500-2000XP per hour? So a player spends 700 nuggets to gain 15K-20K XP and maybe makes the equivalent value in dollars, 700 nuggets for 20K in-game cash and 20K XP (based on a high paying Gold job), anyone think this is a good return for 700 nuggets? 700 nuggets just about gets you a high priority tombola spin and any prize in that category is worth more than 20K in-game cash. Players who have money to spend on nuggets will do so regardless of this feature and benefit more in doing so.

70 nuggets for the beta servers is a fair enough price though I doubt that price will work too well on the English servers, I think the blow of this feature should be softened somewhat by introducing a medal similar to the 24hr character medals through the traveling fair to make the the non nugget players feel part of the development rather than alienating them completely.

DeletedUser2888

Hi,

I think that halving would give access not only to the big nugget spenders but also to more normal players who spend some small amount of nuggets. Because halving would be cheaper it would lower the threshold for small nugget players.
Big spenders would still be able to finish a job really fast and it would cost them as much as with the instant finishing but the halving give the option to more normal players to reduce the work time.
The difference between big spenders and small spenders would be smaller with halving.

DeletedUser2352

I'm still no fan of this. But if you need to implement this, please do it by accepting xDiego his idea. And get a fixed price then for halving the job. For example 1 hour to 30 min is 35 nuggets, but that same half hour to a quarter must be the same price.

This way it won't get abused for powerleveling that much and also it lets more players try it for once. (It keeps more balance, or what is left of it)

DeletedUser3843

I'm still no fan of this. But if you need to implement this

Honestly speaking, there is no need at all. I'd be very surprised if InnoGames still claims they are not getting enough revenue after all those tombolas, special sales and other premium features were introduced.

This is just one big step towards ruining this game completely.

DeletedUser3689

i am almost at that point. genuinely feels like this game is circling the drain and most have noticed the cloud hanging over it. everything is spend spend spend and they are showing us zero in terms of updates coming for game play to give hope. I understand they have to make money and I am fine with that, but this is really starting to look like games from other companies where they make all they can while they can then shut them down for other projects. If not then show us something. Where's an adventure update or change to FF's or dueling? Instead we get updates for signs and sales to the shop items, collector sales, instant jobs, etc etc etc... the game can still be a lot of fun, but it can also feel like a chore and that's not good for the long term

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3893

Meh

Since you are implementing such a feature, why not remove the cooldown on motivation and energy buffs to keep the balance and make the game even easier? :hmpf::hmpf::mad: