• Howdy partner! You seem new here. Why don't you make an account and join the discussion? You can register here.
    Already have one? Then you login here!
  • Welcome to the saloon, Guest!
    This is the place where you can discuss about anything you want! Well, almost.
    Try to not break any of the Rules whenever you post otherwise the sheriff might lock you down!

Adventure Mode !

DeletedUser1068

People logging into the adventure mode and quitting every time when they don't find right partner for 2-3 times in a row should be banned for joining at least 20 min or more.:mad:

This wastes our time as we have to wait long to play as quitting from the mode has become frequent. Please consider this.:D

DeletedUser3662

Yep, this is good idea, because it's very annoying and repellent... :up:

DeletedUser380

20 minutes is not enough, but I think there is a better approach to this problem, one used in many other multiplayer games. Each player would have a certain value assigned, so called reputation, with some reasonable minimal and maximal values. The player's reputation increases with each adventure they complete without disconnecting, while disconnecting from a running game would decrease it; disconnecting from the lobby before the game is started would hurt the reputation even more. Then, when the matchmaker selects players for an adventure, it attempts to make match for players with the same reputation levels. The reputation can optionally slowly increase over time.

TL;DR: This system ensures that if a player keeps disconnecting from adventures, he will eventually be put into games only with players that do the same. Similarly, players that finish their games will have matches mostly with other responsible players.

I would actually believe the devs have something similar on their plans, it is quite a common practice.

DeletedUser1304

20 minutes is not enough, but I think there is a better approach to this problem, one used in many other multiplayer games. Each player would have a certain value assigned, so called reputation, with some reasonable minimal and maximal values. The player's reputation increases with each adventure they complete without disconnecting, while disconnecting from a running game would decrease it; disconnecting from the lobby before the game is started would hurt the reputation even more. Then, when the matchmaker selects players for an adventure, it attempts to make match for players with the same reputation levels. The reputation can optionally slowly increase over time.

TL;DR: This system ensures that if a player keeps disconnecting from adventures, he will eventually be put into games only with players that do the same. Similarly, players that finish their games will have matches mostly with other responsible players.

I would actually believe the devs have something similar on their plans, it is quite a common practice.

love it

sand of time

Private
Elite Tester

+1, good idea, maybe will rezolve the problem with DC

Last edited:

DeletedUser3756

20 minutes is not enough, but i think there is a better approach to this problem, one used in many other multiplayer games. Each player would have a certain value assigned, so called reputation, with some reasonable minimal and maximal values. The player's reputation increases with each adventure they complete without disconnecting, while disconnecting from a running game would decrease it; disconnecting from the lobby before the game is started would hurt the reputation even more. Then, when the matchmaker selects players for an adventure, it attempts to make match for players with the same reputation levels. The reputation can optionally slowly increase over time.

Tl;dr: This system ensures that if a player keeps disconnecting from adventures, he will eventually be put into games only with players that do the same. Similarly, players that finish their games will have matches mostly with other responsible players.

+1000000

DeletedUser3957

I have a better idea : in FFs you can't unregister or leave your town if you registered for a FF

I suggest people who joined the adventure's queue are no more allowed to quit.

Of course they can log out from TW or close their browser...in that case the adventures still should start

DeletedUser3957

Exactly. Besides, that "leave" button is too close to the "I'm ready" button

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

There will be a punishment system soon and the "I'm ready" button will be moved as well.

DeletedUser3230

Sometimes it takes too long to get a game. When that happens one ore more players are often afk. I would suggest a time out of 5 minutes or so - and kick all who are waiting off - and let them join queue again. It sucks to get in a game whit players who are afk,

foscock

Private
Sometimes it takes too long to get a game. When that happens one ore more players are often afk. I would suggest a time out of 5 minutes or so - and kick all who are waiting off - and let them join queue again. It sucks to get in a game whit players who are afk,

Too long? I've never waited more then 5 minutes. Considering how long everything else in this games takes that is hardly a long time.

I would love to see a system where, when someone leaves, the next person in the queue joins and can choose his skills immediately. That way there is only a small delay.

DeletedUser3230

Too long? I've never waited more then 5 minutes. Considering how long everything else in this games takes that is hardly a long time.

I would love to see a system where, when someone leaves, the next person in the queue joins and can choose his skills immediately. That way there is only a small delay.

Last night I waited 8 minutes - then left myself - and joined again. After that I waited another 5- 6 minutes - and was in a fight with 2 players who were afk.

DeletedUser2271

The biggest problem right now... is the speed to the servers.

People that have good speeds or are near the servers location, ALWAYS get 2 actions before the others can make there first.

So it´s a massive handicap for people with low speed connections and that the instruction takes some miliseconds more than others.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
The biggest problem right now... is the speed to the servers.

People that have good speeds or are near the servers location, ALWAYS get 2 actions before the others can make there first.

So it´s a massive handicap for people with low speed connections and that the instruction takes some miliseconds more than others.
I live almost literally on the opposite side of the planet from the servers, 24 hops to be precise (default timeout for tracert on Windows is 30 hops), and I haven't experienced any trouble with it. Australia isn't famous for fast connection speeds either, in fact, we're infamous for quite the opposite...

DeletedUser2271

Im with a 1mb connection on a corner of europe and im always the last one to move. Only when we are using team orders i can move before my team mates.

So on many fights, i get pounded by 5 or 6 shots from 2 players without chance to make my first move and they already finished there turn. Even using the keyboard to select orders right after the bar is back for next round, im always with a big handicap since i need to plan 1 round ahead.

Diggo11

The West Team
Dev Team
I'm not sure how you imagine everyone else playing, but that's certainly what I do in clutch moments, plan ahead and move as quickly as possible at the start of each round unless something truly unexpected crops up. Take the rest of the round to cancel and go again if a do over is necessary, plus plan for the next one and coordinate in chat. If everyone on both teams still use two abilities before you then so be it, but don't imagine everyone else sitting back, relaxing and taking their time.

DeletedUser

since i need to plan 1 round ahead.
That's exactly what everybody else does all the time...I do it too and still sometimes (a lot of times) many enemies are fast enough to shoot me. You can't blame internet connection, ping or whatever for everything :) (and my bar stays closed way longer than it should, bugreport still unresolved)

fariseul

Reservist
hello. I have an observation. I did many battles with the idea that I managed to get weapons from the new set. some of them have won outright, others less categorical. the idea is that I have fallen all weapons, but many parts of the new set. does not seem at all right for one to have a few weapons, and another not. or change the possibility of obtaining, or put them on sale. Thank yo